Prologue

A/N: This is the only chapter us at WCW will be writing! Please us with tag your next chapter so we can read it!

Mist wreathed the trees' rough trunks as the land began falling into a cold, ominous midnight. There were no clouds to be seen, yet the sky was muted nonetheless of it's usual brilliance; few stars were visible against the night sky. The only source of light left as a guide was the moon, casting it's white light against the otherwise quiet landscape. Only the moon was there guiding the medicine cat on her way to the Moonrock, which should illuminate the surrounding areas at any second in time now.
Flexing her limbs into a run, the medicine cat raced to catch the all-seeing rock as the moon shone upon it, leaving her in a blinding spotlight before transporting her to the realm of the deceased, the almighty StarClan. With the territory arching against the medicine cat's aching paws, she gracefully leaped atop the smooth rock, dotted with shards of crystal that were her ticket to StarClan's grounds.
With a few seconds to spare, she gazed out to the horizons, covered in a permanent snow that had lasted through the past few greenleafs. The trees had still to show signs of a toll, standing proud and majestic as ever, as it they enjoyed being the focal point of any onlooker, be they exposed or burdened with snow.
With the moonlight now on the rock, the medicine cat curled up as tightly as possible to shield her eyes from the blinding light, wrapping her tail over her face tightly. Slowly her muscles relaxed, and the light from the Moonrock began to dwindle from outside her eyelids. She was now in a deep sleep, and at any given moment subconsciously knew she would awake in StarClan. The thought often caused her to pause and ponder StarClan's wonders; how could they walk in the dreams of the sleeping, summon the moon to transport one lucky enough to be there in time. Routinely, she awoke in the warm, sheltered roost of an incredible large spruce. Lying next to her, a diminutive, mottled grey tom who barely reached her shoulders with his ear tips.
"Owlflight," she was greeted warmly. "Hey."
"Willowkit." she returned her brother, grief a lingering sensation at the front of her mind. She stood up, shaking the needle from her fur before stepping out of the sheltered spruce boughs. Willowkit followed, scampering on his premature legs to be in the lead. Smiling, she followed.
They walked in silence for some time, enjoying each other's silent company as they pad over the snow, a brilliant lake now in view. Willowkit now sprinted to the water's edge, Owlflight trotting along after him. A cool breeze blew from its pristine, still waters that reflected the starlight with outstanding clarity.
Owlflight almost missed her brother's words as she stood in awe of the lake's beauty.
"Owlflight." Willowkit waited until he got his sister's attention. "I brought you here to warn you."
Somehow, Owlflight remained calm. "Yes?"
"I can say no more. Just... be careful, okay?"
Owlflight nodded as her dream faded, before waking to a once again quiet Moonrock. Alone, she sprinted off into the spruce where her clanmates made shelter.