12. Pinky Promise

CHAPTER TWELVE
'PINKY PROMISE'

༻༺

TONIGHT, BRIAN AND I WERE ATTENDING THE DEEP PURPLE CONCERT, and at the moment I was getting ready for the night ahead in the bathroom; althought things were going far from well. Cursing under my breath as I messed up my eyeliner for the hundredth time, I removed the unflattering black liquid from around my eye with a baby wipe and chucked it in the bin, before trying once again, ignoring the reflection in the mirror staring back at me with a judgemental glare.

Since Roger and I had that much too in depth conversation the other day, my thoughts had been driving me around the bend. I don't know what came over me; almost telling the drummer something as personal as that. Maybe it simply because he was asking me a string of endless questions and I let my mouth run away with me...or maybe it was because I was starting to realise that he wasn't as bad as I thought he was?

What the hell are you saying, Heidi? Of course not, I thought, mentally slapping myself. Just because my head was all over the place didn't mean that my opinion of Roger was changing in any way - he was still the annoying twit that I'd always known. Still, I really needed to watch what I was saying to him; that devilish charm that he possessed and managed to manipulate any woman with wasn't going to work with me. We might be roommates, but that didn't mean he needed to know every aspect of my life - or that we were friends, for that matter.

Once I was at least semi happy with my appearance, I put the lid back on the eyeliner and observed the image in the mirror. My outfit was nothing exciting, just a plain black dress, tights, and platform shoes that would make me look less of a midget when stood beside Brian. Anyway, as I sprayed on a bit of perfume and did one last comb through of my hair, I heard a knock at the bathroom door and a whiny voice coming from the other side of it.

'Heidi?'

I sighed, 'Yes, Roger?'

'How much longer are you gonna be in there - I'm dying for a pee!'

How charming.

'I'm busy. Why don't you just use the downstairs one instead?' I asked him, irritated.

He laughed sarcastically, 'Ha! No way! Last time I was in there, there was a spider on the toilet seat the size of a tarantula! It's probably still there, lurking about. I want to keep my life, thank you very much.'

Big girls blouse.

'Alright, alright. Don't piss yourself, I'm coming out.' I rolled my eyes and opened the bathroom door to see the drummer standing there looking like he was about to explode.

I walked out and gestured for him to go in, 'Oh, THANK YOU!' he exclaimed, before running into the bathroom and slamming the door shut behind him, as I just shook my head and headed downstairs to wait for Bri to arrive.

Despite the fact I was excited for the concert, part of me was also slightly nervous. It wasn't the concert that I was concerned about; Christ I'd been to more of those than I could count. I was worried about leaving Roger in charge of the house for the first time on a Friday night. I knew the blonde wasn't completely untrustworthy - he'd behaved himself up until now, but knowing his track record, the chances of him using an empty house to his advantage, especially tonight, would be nothing short of predictable. I just hoped he had more common sense than that...

As I sat in the living room, rummaging through my handbag, I heard a car pull up outside and someone getting out. A few seconds later, the doorbell rang and I rushed to the door to answer it; not that I didn't know who it was. There, standing in the doorway, was Brian, dressed in a casual but flattering outfit which made me feel like I may have been slightly overdressed.

'Hey, Heidi,' he smiled.

'Hey, Bri,' I beamed as he stepped in the door and we entered a quick embraced, 'You alright?'

'Yeah, great!' the guitarist replied. He glanced at my outfit, 'You look lovely, by the way.'

I furrowed my eyebrows, worriedly, 'Really? Are you sure it's not too much for a concert?'

He laughed lightly, 'Nonsense, it's perfe-.'

'OH, that is so much better! And no bloody spiders either!' I heard Roger shout as he came bounding down the stairs and appeared at the bottom looking much more relaxed than he had been before. He didn't notice Brian standing there until he walked towards us, 'Oh, evening Brian.'

'Evening, Rog,' he replied to his bandmate. Brian then turned to face me, 'You, uh, ready to go?'

'Yeah, I think so,' I smiled. I looked at the drummer, who was leant against the living room doorframe, 'You don't mind staying here and looking after the place, do you, Roger?'

He raised an eyebrow at me, 'Me? Nah. It's fine. You guys have fun, I'll hold the fort while you're gone.'

Something about the look in his eyes made me think that he was hiding something. Then again, it could just have been me being paranoid.

'Hm,' I looked at him suspiciously, 'Well, just try to keep everything in one piece, okay?'

'You say that as if you don't trust me at all,' he smirked. He suddenly extended his hand out to me and said in a childish tone, 'Pinky promise I'll behave?'

Staring at him in disbelief, I rolled my eyes and told him plainly, 'You're such a child, Roger,' before saying goodbye and heading out the front door and walking down the path, Brian following behind me. When we reached his car, which was parked next to the pavement, we climbed in and shut the doors behind us.

'You looking forward to this?' Bri asked, as he turned the keys in the ignition.

'Oh, definitely,' I beamed, putting my seatbelt on, 'It's been way too long since I last went to a concert.'

'Yeah, me too. I find myself on the stage most of the time nowadays, I hardly ever get to be in the audience,' he told me, as I nodded in agreement. There was a short silence between us, before the guitarist asked unexpectedly, 'Do you think he'll listen to you?'

'Huh?'

'Rog,' he glanced at the house, 'Do you think he'll take heed of what you said?'

I shrugged, 'I honestly don't know, Bri. At the end of the day, he's not a child. If he has any sense, he will, but something about the way he was acting back there was a bit too suspicious for my liking...'

'Well, I wouldn't worry about it too much,' Brian advised, 'I'm sure he won't destroy your house. Unless he throws a wild party whilst you're gone, of course...'

I looked at him with a deadpan expression on my face, 'Don't say that, it might actually come true.'

Brian chuckled at my reaction, 'I'll say no more, then,' before pulling the car away from the kerb and driving off down the busy London streets, heading across town in the direction of the Paris Theatre.

-

Hey everyone!

This is a kind of filler chapter before the next, hopefully more interesting, part so sorry about making you wait even more for something exciting to actually happen. I guess I'm just trying my best not to rush this book and write it in much more depth, especially the characters, than my other stories. So yeah, sorry if you're waiting for something romantically to happen between Roger and Heidi really soon, but that'll happen when the time is right 😉 Anyway, I hoped you liked this chapter nonetheless and as always a vote/comment if you have the time would be really lovely.

Thank you!

- Anna :-) x