"Gentlemen this is a surprise" I took a seat at my desk and turned on my personal fan "Sorry about the heat, I have my guys working on it as we speak." I smiled politely. The three old men sat before me studying my every word, it was clear they weren't to impressed with my simple maternity dress and flats. "No problem at all" Mr. Linden spoke first, he was a very chubby white man from the deep south with practically no hair and had to be pushing 70. "Were happy you took the time to see us" Mr. Fleming spoke next, he was the youngest of the three, he was in his early thirties had a tall lanky build and was gifted this position from his father another tall white man. "You have a lovely glow" Last but most certainly not last Mr. Bern spoke, he had the cute demeanor of a sweet grandfather with his white hair little red bowtie , but I knew he was the most vicious accountant in the country. I hope when all was said in done we could remain cordial he would be a great asset to Flight inc. "I'm all ears" I smiled taking a sip from my water bottle. "We just want to say wow, you have been doing splendidly. This agency has come along way, despite the many bumps in the road I know you guys have had. We want to say we are very proud of Jared for everything he has accomplished. We think the best way to do that is to offer a very lucrative merger between Maverick Inc. and Flight inc.We were thinking of calling it Maverick Flight." Mr Fleming laid out the proposal, I kept my face blank and took another sip of water. "We would be willing to help set up another site in New York we found a great location on Broadway" Mr Linden jumped in "We think will be perfect for a junior agency, that you could lead " Mr. Bern tried to sell the idea, I continued to drink and ignored the agitation growing in me. "Or maybe we could give you your own department?... How does that sound?" Mr. Linden swooped back in.

"Wow" I replied finishing the last of my water. "Well first of all I'm just going to come out and say no. To all of it ,from top to bottom that is an awful plan that I believe Flight won't be partaking in" I smiled at there gaping mouths "Look, you don't get to make that call only Jared can. Why are we wasting our time talking to some glorified Mistress anyway" Mr. Flemings anger got to him. "First of all I am no one's mistress I am his wife, as far as this company is concerned Jared left me in charge until he he decides to come back" I choose my words carefully, no one on the outside of my family knew Jared was shot. "That is why you came to me and that is why I can make the design to say no" I meet eyes with each one of them, being in the position has toughened me up as well made me a little cruel. "Be reasonable, your company is doing well now, but you barely have the manning to support all the business your getting" Mr. Bern mentioned "Your right, but that won't be a problem for much longer seeing that you are going to sell me Maverick Inc." I grinned at there shocked expressions "Why the hell would we do that?" Mr. Fleming asked. "Because I can make life really difficult for you if you don't and I know you guys won't want that" I replied "She's bluffing" Mr. Linden said to his group. "Oh am I, you see I know more than you think. For instance I know that since your boss got convicted for arms dealing, your stock has plummeted , and your best agents left and the ones holding aren't worth shit. So now your scrambling to find away to save the sinking ship that is Maverick inc. While also hiding the incriminating evidence that can link you all to series of crimes" I pulled out my folder with their information in it. "Mr. Linden looks like you love your Taiwanese lady boys, Mr. Fleming you seem to have a penchant for killing endangered animals, and finally Mr. Berns -" I started to read the file "Stop I don't want to know" Mr. Fleming stopped me, and all three men looked paler than ever. "So gentleman, needless to say I will not be merging with Maverick Inc,. and I will not step down from my CEO position to some insulting junior agency. However you will sell to me" I crossed my arms "Wait your not some clean angel, everyone knows about you and David Green and the suspicion to his disappearance. It would be quite a shame if someone leaked the news" Mr. Linden pulled out what he believed to be his ace in the hole. "Go ahead and try, I didn't do anything. but go ahead and sell your story. Matter of fact lets go into the light together, who do you want an interview with Fox, CNN, I know a plunky young reporter from MSNBC."I picked up my phone and began to dial. "Wait fine we will have our lawyers contact you with the paper work" Mr. Bern replied "Glad we could see it my way" I hung up the phone shook hands with the sore losers and felt good for the first time in months, Unfortunately I was brought down all to quickly when I saw Kyle's number come up on my phone. While I had loved the man like a brother, he was still stuck on the whole vengeance path and worried both me and his fiancé.

"Yes Kyle" I answered, picking up my laptop ready to go to the hospital and talk to Jared, I visited him everyday often brining Bruce with me but today I wanted to go alone and talk. "Are you on your way to the hospital?" he asked "Yes why?" I shot back suspicious I had hoped he wasn't planning a trap there or something. "You'll see" I could hear his animosity, rather than trying to decipher what happened I made my way to the hospital.

The moment I walked in I knew something wasn't right there was an abundance of FBI and local police standing guard in the hallways. I walked to Jared's room after providing some ID for a cop and saw the last man I ever thought I would see. Jared's father, James was standing in front of Jared in his orange prison jumpsuit. "You did this to him" he accused me "James" my voice was full of malice and shock. "You turned my family against me, and destroyed my son" He shook his head. "Not bad for some gutter trash, get married rich, get the husband killed, then solidify your role by brining in a child." He gave an empty chuckle. "What the hell are you doing here?" I ignored his insults, it wasn't the first or the last time someone would accuse me of trying to kill my husband. I have learned that it is better to let it go and continue praying for his recovery. "There isn't a prison around that would keep me from my son" He sneered "Fine, say your goodbyes, because after Jared recovers and HE WILL RECOVER, he will testify against you and you will be spending the rest of your life in jail" I smiled "You toxic bitch" He started towards me and I didn't flinch at all, I refused to give him the satisfaction. Besides I was taking self defense classes for pregnant women, and while my legs wouldn't kick high I knew I cold get them to the spot that really hurt. "You have five minutes, say your peace then GET THE FUCK OUT!!!" I yelled leaving the room to tell the police and FBI of my deal with James, once the time limit was up they would storm in and take James back to prison. I went outside to make arrangements for Bruce to be picked up and made dinner at home. Once I stepped back into the hospital I saw everyone scrambling, and had a gut wrenching fear this was about Jared. "Whats going on?" i asked the front desk nurse Ella, "They said that Jared is missing" she said scrambling around making calls. "What?!?" I took off down the hall and went into Jared's room to see that he was indeed gone, as well as all the other hospital equipment keeping him alive. "This can't be happening" was the last thing I said before my water broke.