Email

"Therefore I believe that Scott and Marianne are the epitome of a functional S&M relationship" I read the last notes of my email out loud, before I was ready to send it off to my book club. "Mommy, I have to go pee?" I looked over to my three year old son Bruce, who was sporting his favorite Batman Mask and cape. I swear he has been in love with that costume since Halloween ,and it was already November 20th. I had hoped he would grow out of it but I was clearly wrong. "Okay sweetie, give mommy one minute and we will go the bathroom" I replied, staring into his chocolate brown eyes, I watched him walk back to his coloring books and comics. I read over my email once more when I heard the familiar ding of the elevator and the sweet smell of ,Touch by Burberry wafted towards me. "Good afternoon Mr. Maverick" Bruce greeted politely; I took pride in how well-mannered my son turned out to be. "Good afternoon Bruce" Mr. Maverick replied in a voice so deep and delicious, it always caused my knee's to go weak, luckily I was sitting down.

                "Good Afternoon Mr. Maverick" I stood from my desk, gathered the files and schedule for the week ,and followed him into his office. I didn't fear leaving Bruce alone, Mr. Maverick and I were the only people allowed on this entire floor. I took off my shoes at the door of his office, not wanting to ruin the glorious white carpet I picked out, and began to break down his week for him. While I gave him a refresher on his obligations, he began to get comfortable. Loosening his tie, and unbuttoning not one, not two, but three buttons. It  astounded me how such a simple action always made me feel a little giddy. 'Who could blame me, the man was a sexy God.' I thought to myself. Mr. Maverick, or Jared was the sexiest man alive in my eyes, with Chestnut hair, bright green eyes, and a jaw carved from stone ,his face clearly belonged on a GQ magazine. 'Holy Christian Batman, for a man that rarely left the office he was fit as a fiddle, with broad shoulders and massive arms, that still held a lean quality to them.' I tried to keep my wicked thoughts at bay; you would think that after two years of working together that I would have grown more professional, but all it had done is made me into more of a horn dog. This was the part of work that I loved, watching him turn off powerful CEO ,and turning into laid back Employer, 'Well to a degree' .

"Alice, did you get all that?" he asked, "Set up a meeting with Ms. Grey at 5, Push the conference to 9 am, and send a complementary basket of muffins to your friend" I repeated, I have had a lot of practice of daydreaming, and listening, not to mention I knew him better than anyone. So it wasn't hard to figure out what he wanted or needed. " Right, I don't know why I ask?" he smiled rolling up his sleeves revealing a fully detailed sleeve of tattoo's I never got to see more than his forearm but I always suspected he was tatted all the way to his chest. "And once again, I know I say this often, but thank you for letting me bring Bruce here" I always made sure to thank him for his generosity, even though I had been bringing Bruce since he was one. "Alice, you know you don't have to thank me every time" he gave me his famous heart melting smile. "I know, but I want. Not too many bosses would be comfortable with their employee brining there child to work every other day. " I complimented his generosity once more. "Not many bosses have an employee, as bright and loyal as you. Or have such a smart and polite child." He replied 'He always knew the right thing to say' I smiled to myself. "Aww go on" I teased, earning a hearty chuckle. "Mommy, I have to go bathroom" I heard the urgent voice of a less than patient three-year old. "Oh right almost forgot, I'm coming sweetie" I rushed out the room, to tend to my child.

"Batman is finished" Bruce cheered flushing the toilet; we had made it just in time. He grabbed his stool we kept near the sink and began to wash his hands. "Batman is clean" he threw up his hands lifting his shirt up a bit. "Alright race you back" we ran to desk when I saw Mr. Maverick walk away from my desk. 'Oh he must have needed a file off my computer' It wasn't uncommon for him to use my computer from time to time. I walked back to my desk and noticed that my laptop was still wide open as well , with my Book club email wide open. " Oh shit" I said feeling my heart race. "Oh that's a bad word" Bruce pouted, 'that's another $2 into the swear jar' I thought, still feeling embarrassed about the email I left open. It's one thing to have up an email filled with mindless gossip and debates of normal Book clubs , it was another to have detailed opinions of smutty books and personal conversations about life, gossip, and crushes left out for your boss to see. "Oh man, oh man" I chanted to myself, while reading through all I have typed in the email. I tried to gauge how embarrassed I should be, 'by the looks of it I should be hiding somewhere below the earth's crust. Not only, did I go over my feeling towards Scott and Marianne's relationship, I just had to mention the fictional relationship I had with Mr. Maverick. "Kill me" I said banging my head on the desk. "Mommy, you okay" Bruce sprung up, ready to come to my rescue. "Yeah , just got a little booboo" I pointed to my forehead, and he pecked the spot. "Thanks sweetie" I said, receiving a hero's pose and a smile, with two missing teeth.

                                    "Alice, could you come here a moment" My moment of relief ended quickly when I was bought back to my current predicament. I hurried to Mr. Maverick's office, eager to know if he had read my email or just ignored it. "Yes, Sir" I answered, in a voice way to polite to be mine. "Yes, Sir' he mimicked my voice 'that's, new" he laughed. I don't know what I was expecting it's not like he was going to say, 'Hey read your email, so do you really think my eyes are magical' my mind mocked my stupidity. "Shut up" I replied "You needed something" I smiled, perhaps he didn't know anything. "Yeah, I needed for you to send out a memo" He continued, I took out my notepad ready his memo. "My dear employees' he said in the regal voice we used to joke around. 'I would like to remind you all, to be ready to turn in peer review's this Friday to Human resource Ms. Patel, also to be ready for the company picnic next weekend" He finished, 'I don't know why I was so worried, why would he ever be interested in looking at my emails about my personal life' I thought relieved once more. "Oh and Alice, I hope on my review you mention how magical my eyes are" He added stopping me dead in my tracks. This was going to be a long day.