Chapter 22

No one's POV

Natsu and Lucy first went and got lunch at a nearby Papa Johns that Natsu claimed was the best one ever. Then they went and watched the ByeByeman at the movies. Lucy cursed Natsu for making her watch that terrifying film. Then they went for a walk in the park.

"Isn't that fountain pretty," Lucy said, nodding towards the stone sculpted fountain. Natsu nodded in response with a playful grin on his face.

"What's so funny," Lucy asked, slightly amused.

"This," Natsu said as he shoved her into the fountain. Lucy shrieked as cold water drenched her, leaving her completely soaked. Her mouth was open in shock as Natsu was laughing. Lucy started laughing at herself and the stupid situation. Then Natsu jumped in with her, splashing her even more. They slashed each other like kids having fun. After about half an hour a cop told them to get out. Natsu ripped off his shirt and started squeezing the water out of it. Lucy blushed and looked away. She glanced only slightly but just enough to see his perfectly sculpted abs and his tanned skin.

She found herself staring like a typical school girl drooling. She quickly closed her mouth and looked away seeing Natsu smirk.

"You like what you see," Natsu teased.

"O-of course not," Lucy stammered. She refused to fall for his games.

"Are you sure," Natsu said, giving her the Bambi eyes. Lucy felt herself melt away at his face.

"I-i.....wel-well.....," Lucy mumbled, she's couldn't find the words. His arms wrapped around her from behind and he nuzzled his nose into the crook of her neck affectionally.

"You know you do," he muttered. His lips tickled her neck. Lucy smiled and gently stroked his silky pink locks. They stood like that for at least 5 minutes in silence. Lucy finally turned extremely red when she realized Natsu still wasn't wearing a shirt. She grabbed his arms and removed him from her.

"What," Natsu asked, confused.

"P-put a s-shirt on yo-you perv," Lucy stuttered quickly. Natsu chuckled and pulled his shirt back over his head.

"There. Happy now," he said with a grin. Lucy giggled and nodded. Lucy's teeth chattered as the wind blew by.

"I-I'm fr-freezing," Lucy said shivering. "Y-you're s-s-so me-mean."

"Yeah it's pretty cold," Natsu said nonchalantly. He slung his arm over Lucy's shoulder as they walked together around the park. People have them skeptical looks noticing that they were wet but they just shrugged at the reckless teens and continued on their way. Lucy and Natsu went to the center of the park where there was food stands. Lucy saw a candied apple stand and rushed over. Her mouth watered at the apples on sticks. Natsu chuckled at her wide hungry eyes.

"I'll take two of those," Natsu said to the owner. The man nodded and handed them to Natsu. He took the money from Natsu with a weird look. "What," Natsu said.

"Aren't you two supposed to be at school?"

Natsu chuckled. "Yeah but it's a nice day. Be a shame to stay inside all day." The man let out a laugh.

"You two run along now. I'll keep my mouth shut," he said with a wink. Natsu nodded at him.

"Natsuuuu! Give me my candy apple," Lucy whined trying to grab it as Natsu held it over his head teasingly.

"Nope," Natsu said with a grin. Lucy pouted and crossed her arms. Lucy then got an idea. With a grin she skipped up to Natsu. "What," he said.

She leaned up and kissed him passionately. He immediately lowered his hands to cup her face with the candy apples. Using her free hand she snatched a candy apple away. She ended the kiss with a laugh.

"You used me," Natsu said with fake hurt as he clutched his heart.

"That's what you get for stealing my candy apple," Lucy said taking a bite. He grabbed her waist and threw her onto his shoulder. "NATSU! What are you doing," Lucy yelped.

"We're going to the fair," Natsu shouted as he started running.