Chapter 9

Natsu dragged Lucy into his house mumbling curses that shouldn't be repeated. Lucy didn't say anything for the whole journey back to Natsu's house.

"Stay here," Natsu mumbled. He walked off leaving Lucy in the kitchen.

Lucy looked around at Natsu's home. She'd never been here before. Lucy glanced around. There were pictures of baby Natsu together with his family or playing with his toys. Lucy cringed when she saw a picture of Natsu and Flare together holding hands and laughing at a theme park.

I didn't know they used to date! Well first time for everything Lucy thought.  That's probably why she wa trying to kill me earlier. She thinks me and Dragneel are together!

Natsu walked back in with a first aid kit and sat Lucy down on the counter.

"This is gonna hurt. But try not to scream," Natsu said soothingly. Lucy nodded. Natsu gently grabbed some bandages and started placing them on Lucy's injuries. He tended to the scratch marks on Lucy's neck and arm. Natsu then gave Lucy an ice pack for her black eye. Lucy whimpered at the cold temperature of the pack and flinched away. She then grabbed it and placed it in her burning eye.

"How's the cut?" Lucy asked placing her hand on Natsu's face in concern.

"Me? Hn. You should worry about yourself," Natsu said coldly.

Lucy weakly smiled. "I'm fine," she replied.

"Hn."

"For god's sake stop with the 'Hn' already."

"Hn."

"I would kill you but I'm too tired," Lucy hissed.

A gentle chuckle escaped Natsu's lips. "You can hang here if you want Blonde," he responded.

"I kinda feel like I have no say here," Lucy said with a giggle.

"It pains me to see you like this. You're so beautiful. It's a shame that you're beat up like this," Natsu said grimly.

Lucy blushed. "Sorry it's distracting you Dragneel."

"Sorry Flare is such a pain."

"It's not your fault she's a damn douche bag. So how long were you guys dating?"

Silence.

"Two months. She was just too much to handle. I couldn't cope with it."

"Oh, sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

"Hn whatever."

"So about the me staying over here thing. Are you sure you're okay with it," Lucy wondered.

Natsu didn't say anything. He just placed his hand on the back of Lucy's neck and smashed his mouth against hers. Lucy flinched and then melted into the kiss. His arms found their way around her waist while hers wrapped around his neck. Lucy was screaming with joy in her head.

Natsu pulled back with a slight pink on his cheeks. Lucy was bright red but had a big smile on her face.

"Does that answer your question?"

"Yes."