Chapter 10: New Black

Start from the beginning

It's been how many days since they first met? About less than a week probably, and yet his life seemed to take a complete 180 when he first met the Magician, or at least that was what his gut was telling him anyways. And with the situation he was currently in, his gut feelings were his only accurate thing he could trust completely.

Kaito then decided to slam the door open at that moment, revealing himself and a strange looking man that was the doctor.

"Kudo Shinichi I presume, yes?
"Yes."
"You want to be discharged earlier yes?" A nod. "Your only diagnosis was blood loss, a clean bullet through skin and muscle so under these circumstances, you would usually leave in 2 and a half days or so. However, taking into account the factors of you being safe and ready for discharge, I suppose it would be fine," the doctor stated with a small assuring smile. "I do believe you could tend to the wound yourself if I take into account your medical record, so all you need to to is sign your papers at the front." He bustled around with the needles, taking them out and putting the machines back. "But I do have to say, your regeneration of blood was a lot faster than normal," the doctor suddenly stated with a slight grunt. "It's abnormal and I'm not sure why something like that is happening. I suggest you ask another doctor for your check up."

"Alright, thank you," Shinichi replied with a smile and left the room with Kaito at his heels. They soon got to the front and signed the discharge papers before leaving the hospital.

"So, where should we start looking?," Kaito asked aloud to himself, unable to think of where to start.

"Well why don't we go check the FBI," Shinichi asked casually like it was no big deal. "I mean, the gun was from the FBI right?," he asked the magician unsure.

"Yup, just walk up to an FBI officer and ask 'can I have a look at your guns?' cause that's totally normal," Kaito said with a small laugh. Cause any thief would totally want to ask that right?

"Well, I seem to be very famous for some reason, so why not use my position as a way to ask? My memory is starting to come back, slowly but surely, and I have this feeling that I was involved with the FBI on more than one occasion," Shinichi stated with a grin. "That black haired person I talked about was also probably from the FBI."

"I wouldn't be surprised because the only friends you seem to make are with the police," Kaito sighed dramatically. "Shin-chan, you need to build your social life up more or else your going to end up like Hakuba, always stalking people." With that Shinichi just gaped without a comeback in mind and shut his mouth with a shake of his head.

"I honestly don't think that Hakuba-kun is that bad of a person. Sure he's kind of ...unique, but I wouldn't say he's a stalker," Shinichi finally replied, unable to figure out what made him such an unlikable person. Maybe since they were on the opposite sides of the law? But that would make no sense since he himself was also a detective, or according to Kaito anyways.

"Don't think too hard about it Shin-chan. If you hang around me long enough you'll be annoyed too with someone like him always on your heels," Kaito said with a grumble and pout. "So...where exactly can we go and find the FBI?"

"I don't know, use your magic to find them," Shinichi answered back with a grin. "So where exactly are we going now?"

"Well, we're still in Osaka so why don't we go to Hattori-kun's house? Then we could check on my beautiful birdies," Kaito suggested in a way where no one could really say no. So they walked towards the house, Kaito in the lead, bickering and chatting along the way. But when they did make it there, they were met by a dozen police, all walking around the scene. And the FBI.

"Umm, excuse me but what are the FBI doing here?," Shinichi called out, getting the attention of a few officers. Of course he was ushered back but worked his way in with his status as "the famous detective of the East".