Overwatch Bar and Grill

The first day at a new job is never easy.

It especially isn't easy when its a Friday night, and the restaurant is fully booked.

In fact, its wholly overwhelming.

Which is why Hanzo Shimada, usually organized and cool, is stood softly banging his head on the side of one of the wine fridges in frustration.

He wanted to do well tonight, he really did.

--

Hanzo had arrived at Overwatch Bar and Grill at 5:00PM sharp. It was completely empty apart from two people drinking in the corner and one waiter who seemed very involved in polishing the cutlery in front of him. Hanzo coughed gently to make himself known to the waiter, he felt this was the politest course of action.

The waiter perked up and made eye contact with Hanzo sharply in surprise before softening "Sorry 'bout that, there's been complaints about water marks on the cutlery recently and I juss' wana make sure they are shining brighter than the sun at high noon." he grinned "Whats your poison partner?" he strode to the front of the bar and tapped something in to the till to the side of him.

Hanzo will admit to being quite taken aback by the man, the only way you could tell that he worked here was by the little apron he wore with the bars logo on. He was tall, tanned and clearly quite hairy (which must be a nightmare in the food hygiene department). Not entirely physically fit but far from being unattractive. His hair was tied back in a small ponytail and he had the sleeves of his black shirt rolled up to his elbows and the top three buttons of his shirt undone. But the most outlandish thing about this waiter was the way he spoke, if Hanzo had his eyes shut he could swear he was listing to the audio from an old John Wayne movie. Overall there was something oddly endearing about this waiter- the question was, why?

Nevertheless, Hanzo didn't let his surprise show. "I need not for any uh- poison? I was told to come here at five to start my trial shift."

There is a spark and then you see the light just switch on in the waiters mind. "You're Hanzo Shimada I take it then?"

Hanzo nods once in affirmation.

"Pleased to meet you partner," He reaches over the bar to shake Hanzo's hand, which Hanzo does- albeit skeptically. "Names Jesse McCree- you can call me Jesse or you can call me McCree I don't really have a preference. Come round the bar and I'll show you were you can put yer stuff." McCree then wanders off round the corner of the bar.

Hanzo follows him and meets Jesse in a little hallway area. On the floor in the nearest corner there is a cowboy hat, a thick red scarf patterned around the edges with a gold chain design and a brown leather bag with the letters 'B' 'A' 'M' and 'F' embossed on it.

"This is where the waiting staff can leave their stuff, just make sure its tucked in a bit because we walk through here with food too, lord knows we don't need anymore accidents here." McCree chuckles. "I've been on at the landlord for months now 'bout getting coat hooks put in or somethin' but he always says we ain't get the money- shoot, if hes gonna be that difficult about it I'll bring my own in some day."

It was evident that Jesse McCree was possibly the most chatty man Hanzo had ever met, a stark contrast to Hanzo himself who never said more than he needed.

"Right," Hanzo replied "So I should leave my coat somewhere here then?"

"If that's all you brought then sure thing." Jesse shrugged and then started rummaging in a box that was also littering the hallway. He pulled out an waist apron like the one he was wearing "This is the only uniform we got, just dress smart an' wear this then you're a part of the Overwatch Bar and Grill team."