I shrugged, knowing very well that whenever he got a feeling like this and it didn't work out the way he thought it would we were all screwed. At least I didn't think he'd ever been wrong. I seriously doubted it. Camden was never wrong. Or if he was it hadn't been over something huge.

 I watched Camden carefully. He seemed to be studying me as well, but with him it was hard to tell. Well, actually, with any of them it was hard to tell. When he finally spoke it wasn't what I had expected. "So you heard about Kate and Ezra, did you?"

 I nodded, smiled, and cleared my throat. "What's really going on? They would never leave us willingly. Not the Kate and Ezra I know. Not now. Not when we've heard there are three Angels that have fallen, one especially powerful."

 Camden shrugged. "It is nearly impossible to know. Not unless you can contact them. Which I highly doubt. Cearbhall will have them under surveillance and will probably be trying to get information on us from them.

 I snorted. "As if they would tell that jackass anything. Even if by chance they did betray us, they wouldn't tell Cearbhall and his idiots anything."

 A smile pulled Camden's lips upward. "If you ever said that in Cearbhall's presence he wouldn't hesitate to kill you. I believe he thinks you as one of his greatest rivals. Even though you are human."

 "Half," I inserted quietly.

 Camden sighed, shaking his head. "We aren't even sure what the Halfs are. We just know that you and a few other humans have a Demon and a Curse. We don't know how or why. And right now that isn't really our biggest priority. We really need to find those Angels. I also believe we have pinpointed where they will emerge. You may be there if you wish, though it could be a while."

 I crossed my arms. "Who else is going?"

 Camden smiled tiredly. "Besides me? Alasdair, of course. Naois, Niall. Kian's staying here. We don't want to scare them off. Seoras is staying as well, for the same reason. Tocuil is going. Nalani is going to go, for comfort if they are women." He snorted. "Not that that would actually provide much comfort. And Valor is undecided. He said he would wait until you chose." Camden shrugged. "You know how he is. Always worried about the hum-Halfs."

 I laughed quietly. "Yes, I do know how he is. And everyone." I looked down. "I think the vision was important this time." I placed my hands on either side of my head, staring into Camden's eyes. "But I can't grasp it."

 Camden straightened and walked over to me. He stopped in front of me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "Would you like me to help?"

 I kept staring into his eyes. "How can you help? Your Curse or Demon can't help me. No one who lives here can. Except maybe myself." I laughed drily. "Unless Kian can charm it out of me."

 Camden arched an eyebrow at me before his eyes lit up and he turned and started down the hall. I took a step after him. "Cam. . . I know you're thinking. Don't do it."

 Camden didn't even pause as he reached the door. A moment later he dragged a very annoyed-looking and half asleep Kian out of the room. I sighed and pressed the palm of my hand against my forehead. Camden was truly an idiot. I glared at him as he deposited Kian on the floor in front of me. I glanced at Kian before continuing to glare at Camden. "I was joking."

~~~~

"They're your brothers?" I asked quietly, shock and surprise clear in my voice and eyes. "How is that?"

 Apphia shrugged, looking away. "They just are. Don't ask questions." She walked away from me, pacing quietly. "You don't want to talk about why you fell. Neither do I."