Chapter 2

12 hours before the fight
Jessica's pov
Like every Friday morning I get up and shower. After my shower I go to my wardrobe to look for something to wear, luckily I go to a school that doesn't have a uniform. When my mum was promoted to lieutenant she tried to convince me to move to a posh private school because it was closer to the precinct and her old partners kids go there but I was not moving I'm more than happy where I am. I have my friends why would I move to another school where I'll be labeled the new kid for the rest of the year. After spending way too much time looking for something to wear I eventually decided to wear some black leggings, a light blue button up shirt and some white converse. I threw my hair into a messy bun and grabbed my backpack. (Picture of outfit and bag above)
I went downstairs and was greeted by a very rare sight mum was stood at the stove flipping pancakes which could mean one of two things she has either done something wrong or she has some bad news. "What's happened?" I asked while walking over to the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water, "nothing's happened why would you ask that" mum said while turning with a plate full of pancakes "you made breakfast you never make breakfast" "I thought I would treat you and make you some pancakes, now take this and sit down before I regret making you food and throw it in the bin" I quickly grabbed the pancakes before she could do anything and sat down at the counter "so what's the plan for the weekend" "well I am working today but I was wondering if you would like to have a movie night tonight" "yeah sure" "you will have to come to the precinct tomorrow and Sunday because I'm working" even though I'm 14 mum still doesn't let me stay at home on the weekends when she is in work "jeez mum I'm 14 surely I can stay at home by myself for a couple of hours" "your still to young Jess you know the drill" "fine" I said in defeat knowing nothing was going to make her change her mind. "Come on we better go or you will be late" mum said while grabbing her bag "coming" I through my plate in the sink and grabbed my backpack and walked towards the front door "lunch" mum shouted behind while holding up my lunch "thank you". After a twenty minute drive we arrived at school I jumped out the car quickly before anyone had a chance to see mum "don't forget you're getting the bus to the precinct " "I wont" I said while closing the door and making my way inside. You might be wondering why I don't want anyone see mum well that's because no one knows I'm the daughter of cop. You might be thinking then how would people know who my mum is well the special victims unit are always doing talks in my school so people know who mum is but just not that she is my mum. I quickly run to my locker and grab my books for my first lesson which was English. English is the only class that I don't have any friends in but I don't really mind seen as English is my favourite subject. Today we were given the task of drawing our family tree which to pretty much everyone was easy but for me it wasn't as easy I didn't really have much of a family tree I mean I have a family but I just don't know them. I don't know my dad so I couldn't put him down and on my mums side I only have my grandmother who I only met a few times when I was younger, my mum has no brothers or sisters and she never talks about my grandad. Before I had anymore time to think about what I am going to put down on my family tree the bell went signalling the end of class so I gathered my books and went to my next class.
*Time skip*
Soon enough the school day came to an end and I was on the bus on the way to the precinct with my friends. The one plus of having to go to the precinct everyday after school was that my friends get the same bus and they live near the precinct. My friends know what my mum works as so I don't have to hide it from them. Soon enough the bus ride came to an end and we all jumped off "I'll see you guys later" I said to my two best friends Emily and maya before walking towards the precinct. As I got to the doors of the precinct mum and nick came running out of the doors "hey Jess I have a case I'll be back in a couple of hours" mum said while running towards her car "ok bye" and like that she was gone. I made my up to the special victims unit office. As I walked through the doors Amanda looked up "hey pumpkin how was school" she asked as I made my over to nicks desk and slumped in his chair. "Ok I guess" "everything ok" "yeah I'm just tired" this wasn't a complete lie I am tired but this isn't the only thing wrong. Amanda could see right through me and knew when I was lying but decided not to ask anymore questions. I had to finish my family tree by Monday but how was I supposed to do that if I don't know who half of my family is. Although I wanted to ask my mum about it I knew it would end in a fight. "Amanda could I ask you a question" "of course you can ask me anything" "do you know anything about my dad" she looked over at me with a sad expression everyone in svu knew that I longed to meet my dad but mum wouldn't tell me who he is. "I'm sorry sweetie your mum has told no one about who your dad is" "ok" I said feeling defeated I would be the only one in class that doesn't have a big family tree and the worst thing is that everyone has to present them to the class I'm going to be laughed at."I'm sorry" "it's fine, it's just we have to make a family tree for English and present it infront of everyone in class. Everyone will laugh at me if I only have two people on mine. I already get bullied enough" I said to Amanda whispering the last bit hoping she wouldn't hear it but I was wrong. One thing I haven't mentioned is that I have been being bullied for the past few months in school it's not that bad it's just a group of girls on my year make fun of my clothes, my hair basically everything. It started of with just a few mean words here or there but the past couple of weeks it's gotten worse, I get beat up everyday at lunch. I have never told anyone but I'm slowly starting to think what they are saying is true. I am fat, ugly, weird. I don't want to believe them but it's hard when people call you it everyday. Amanda came over and bent down to my level "what's been going on at school?" Knowing I couldn't lie I decided to tell her but I suddenly became aware of everyone that was around us. I became slightly agitated terrified they could hear everything. Amanda noticed my anxious state "let's go into your mums office"

Amanda's pov
From the moment that Jessica walked through the door I knew something was up. When I questioned her about what's been happening in school she became slightly agitated and started looking around at everyone in the room knowing she was anxious about everyone in the room I thought it would be best to take her into Liv's office. I bent down to her level and whispered in her ear "let's go into your mums office" she slowly stood up without saying a word I put my arm around her shoulder and walked into the office. We both sat down on the couch "what's been going on?"
Jessica's pov
"What's been going on?" Amanda asked as we both sat down on the couch in my mums office. "For the past couple months a group of girls in my year having been bullying me. At first they were just calling me things like fat, ugly, worthless and weird. It didn't really bother me at first but in the past couple weeks it's got worse" "how worse" "everyday at lunch they beat me up" "oh Jess why didn't you tell me or your mum" "because it didn't bother me at first and then I was afraid if I said anything that it would get worse. I'm sorry" I said as tears started to fall down the side of my face "it's ok, come here" Amanda said while pulling me into a hug " you know none of what they say is true" "but what if it is" Amanda lifted me up so I was looking at her "Jessica you look at me, none of it is true, you are the prettiest most strong and amazing people I have ever met and you are far from fat so don't you think otherwise ok" "ok" "where did they hit you" instead of answering I stood up and unbuttoned my shirt revealing the bruises that covered my stomach and back. Amanda looked at me in shock becoming extremely anxious I quickly buttoned up my shirt. I started to cry uncontrollably  "hey it's ok" "I'm sorry" I said while falling to my knees in tears, Amanda caught just before I fell. We sat on the floor me crying and Amanda telling me it's ok trying to calm me down. Eventually I calmed down, as we were walking out of the office mum and nick came through the main door "please don't tell my mum, not yet not here" I asked Amanda close to tears again. "I won't but you have to tell her later" "ok". "Hey Jess how was school" mum asked as she walked towards Amanda and I "it was fine the usual, I'm just going to do my homework" i said while walking back into the office.