“Oh?” Her tone was flat. The last time we talked, she was yelling at me. I gazed at her friends pointedly, before flicking my gaze back to her. She frowned, but before she could say anything, they stood and left, not wanting anything to do with me. Good.

                “I’ll see you later Ginger.” One girl told her, watching me warily. She whispered something in Ginger’s ear, as if I couldn’t hear. “If he does anything, I have my dad on speed-dial.” Ginger pursed her lips and nodded, while I rolled my eyes. As if I would hurt her purposely.

                “What do you want?” She began cautiously, rolling an apple between her fingers. I could practically feel every one of my pack mate’s ears tuned into our conversation. I could also feel the burning gazes of Josh and Brent. They were watching me. They knew.

                “I wanted to say sorry.” I mumbled, rubbing my neck awkwardly. “I know I’ve been an ass, but I don’t mean to.” I told her, not quite meeting her green eyes. I sounded like an idiot. Ginger seemed dumbstruck, her pale green orbs unsure.

                “Uhm, its fine...” She trailed off, seeming just as uncomfortable.

                “Hey Saxon, hey Ginger.” Cece slid into the chair across from us. I tensed instantly. I wasn’t so sure if allowing the witch to get involved was a good idea. I didn’t trust her. Ginger gave her an wary glance, seeming uneasy with our guest.

                “Hey.” She smiled anyways, although I could see it was forced around the edges. Why did Ginger act so friendly towards everyone if she didn’t like them?

                “Rumor has it you’re back with Donavon.” Cece frowned at Ginger, completely ignoring me. I felt my fists clench.

If he so much as touches her he’s dead.

                “That asshole from the other day?” The words slipped from my lips. A shudder ran the length of my frame, but I held it back, knowing the other wolves would be glowing at my agitated state. Ginger seemed surprised at the venom in my tone.

                “I-Where did you hear that?” Her voice was very quiet as she turned back to Cece.

She didn’t deny it.

                “It’s all around school.” Cece shrugged her slim shoulders, a slight smirk balancing on the edge of her lips. What the hell was this witch playing at? Ginger grew very still.

                “Did Donavon start this?” I could barely hear her over the roaring in my ears. 

                “I didn’t believe him, but he swore it’s true.” Cecelia leered  when a low growl rumbled in my chest.

                “Did he?” Were those tears glimmering in her eyes?

‘Something’s wrong here.’ The shaking subsided and with it the corner of Cecelia’s lips crashed downwards.

                I looked to Dakoda with a questioning glance. She nodded slightly at me, letting me know something was definitely wrong. What was going on through my mate’s head?

                As if sensing he was part of the conversation, Donovan himself appeared, slipping into the other seat beside Ginger.

I’ll tear out his throat.

‘Wait. Just a moment.’

                “Hey baby.” He grinned, sliding an arm over Ginger’s taut shoulders.