Chapter 10 - Demon

Mathew's gaze slipped from mine, lowering to the floor with his brows drawn together in what I assumed had to be in deep thought. He drew in a breath, fluttering his eyes closed then opening his eyes again as he exhaled the same breath.

His gaze flickered back up to my own, with a harsh cold glaze coating them. My throat tighted, frustrated with myself for not telling him or having him find out this way. "I need to think.", he said blankly, then without another word or even another glimpse in my direction, he left my cell, leaving the door wide open.

I stayed where I was, in the corner of the dark cell, pressing myself into the corner as much I could; trying to hide myself. Wanting to hide from Mathew in fear of rejection, wanting to just meld into the wall out of shame and dissapointment in myself, but most of all I wanted to cry.

At the thought of crying, I pulled my legs close to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, believing that if I held myself tight enough then maybe it'd hold the tears in too. I felt one tear slide down my cheek, I bit my lip in response, trying to hold the rest back. I looked up at the open doorway, willing that Mathew would walk back though that door and tell me that he forgives me, that I'm still his mate and that he didn't care about my past. But the longer I stared the more miserable I became.

I returned my gaze to the floor between my legs, taking deep breathes to calm myself, trying to get my tears under control.

My head shot up at the sound of footsteps walking down the echoey hallway of the prison. The feeling of hope continued to build up as the footsteps grew closer and closer, but it all shattered in an instant when Jay stepped into view from the side of the doorway. His short black hair a little messy and his dark ocean blue eyes swarmed with too many emotions for me to decipher what he's feeling.

" You can go...", he trailed off and before I could even question what exactly that meant he dissappeared from my view within the doorway, heading down what I could only assume to be the hallway of this wolf prison.

I was frozen, unsure of what exactly 'You can go' meant. I know he definitely meant I could leave my cell, but was where was I allowed to go after that? Did he mean I could go back to the pack house with my mate? As that thought fluttered through my mind and down into my stomach, a sudden sinking feeling settled within me.

"I don't think he wants me here right now..." I muttered to myself mindlessly. Maybe we should simply go back to mom and dad?...I don't think mate wants us... Reign whispered to me. Her words only made me want to curl into myself at the feeling of being unwanted from the one person who was supposed to want me and couldn't live without me. But she was right, our words had probably hurt him, learning that not only was I a rogue, but a bad rogue.

Rogues in general were thought to be bad,because you can only get out of a pack if you do something incredibly bad or ran away and cut ties with the pack. But starting a pack while being a rogue was taboo, it was thought that only power hungry wolves would ever do such a thing. To command a group of dangerous wolves was dangerous in itself,but to do it you had to make a show of your power which usually meant killing.

Mathew didn't know me though, he hadn't known what I went through to get control of that pack..with my other half. It was difficult and I still regret doing it,but I also regret leaving..for a different reason than for power.

A loud bang startled me out of my thoughts. My head snapped up to me the cold gaze of a man with dark tan skin, short hair the same deep brown color as the bark of a pine tree with eyes to match.

"He said you could leave!" his harsh, cold voice echoing off the walls of this underground prison. I simply met his gaze with a cold stare of my own before slowly crawling up from the floor to stand at my full height. I was mad now, I could understand why he wanted me gone. I was a rogue, 'vicious', 'evil', and a 'cold blooded killer', but I was mated to his Alpha and his Luna. I wanted to show this wolf who was in charge, who was in charge, but I couldn't unless I wanted Mathew more upset with me and that thought had a frown caressing my features.