Chapter 5 - Monsters And Men

My scared scream rang through the house. I jumped backwards out of fear, but as I tripped on my own feet, sending me crashing down onto my butt.

'Ow' I mouthed through the pain that came with faling on my butt and began rubbing it, to try to soothe the pain. ' My tailbone is gonna be bruised...' I thought to my self.

Your fault for being scared of your own reflection...stupid Reign said in an annoyed tone.

' Not call me stupid! I was scared!' I argued back. ' Wait... Own reflection?'

I slowly pulled myself off the ground, Shocked and confused by Reign's words.

I peered into the bathroom, Checking to see if there was any monster and then I looked behind me, Just in case the thing was trying to sneak attack me from behind.

Then I took a few steps in and gazed into the mirror that hung above the bathroom sink. I saw the monster again, I had to cover my mouth with my hand to keep another scream from exiting my mouth.

I looked closer at the monster then after a few seconds of examination I realized that it was me, Reign was right!

Suddenly a large crashing sound echoed off the walls of the house and I turned around just in time to see the door to the bedroom hit the wall opposite of it with a loud crash and fall to the floor.

' What the fuck is going on?! Who did that?!" I thought to myself, shocked.

I quickly grabbed the hande of the bathroom door and shut it behind me then locked it too. I took a few steps back away from the door, Scared that something my blow this one off it's hinges too.

' Wait... I probably shouldn't be standing here then...' I realized.

No shit sherlock. My wolf said in a 'duh' tone with anger lanced in her tone.

Someone started to bang on the door now, Really hard too with way too much force for this mere wooden door. The banging paused and the most amazing voice I have ever heard in my entire life was heard from behind the door. I was so tempted to open that door right then and there to tackle the body that the voice belonged to, but then I remembered my current monturous appearance.

" Hey! Are you okay?! Are you hurt?! Why did you scream?! Open the door!" The words were all rushed out and coated with worry, anger too. This was my mates voice, It was so sweet an caring...I want to know more about him.

I walked towards the door, Preparing myself to open the door, but then I stopped myself. I shook my head frantically, releasing myself from my trance. Instead of opening the door and letting my mate in I decided to just answer his questions, I need to make myself looked presentable atleast.

" Um... Yeah! I'm fine, I was just... Startled! Can you get me some fresh clothes?..Um, And underwear please?" I said unsure of what I was saying, and a little embarassed by the last part.

I heard him sigh from behind the door, In defeat? Regrett? Satisfaction? Relief? I couldn't tell exactly what it was, maybe a combinatio of them all. " Yeah, I'll get you some. Are you sure you're okay, Babe?"

My heart fluttered at his words, 'Babe?' I wish I could kiss him right now, He is so sweet and caring. I bit my lip slightly, " Y-yeah, I'm fine. You just go get back to your work."

He lingered there, behind the bathroom door, for a while before he left to get me clothes or continue work, I dn't know which.

I sighed in relief when he finally did leave, It's not like I didn't want him around it was more like I didn't want to hold him back if he actually had something really important to do.