Chapter 42.

I saw Harry this morning. For the first time in nine days. Normally he would just get up and leave, but after last night, he changed slightly; he's still the same old cheeky Harry I've always known, but he's spending time with us again and being that perfect man I know and love.

We all had breakfast together this morning, which Mill's was thrilled about, she was perfectly fine after her chat with Harry last night; apparently he just cuddled her, kissed her and told her how much she meant to him. It soon won her over.

After breakfast, Harry went off to rehearsals for the day and I dropped Millie moo off at school, then headed to the shop for work. It was pretty busy but nothing I couldn't handle, I got a call from Scott at around twelve telling me that he was back in London and he wanted to come and visit us after I had finished work. Harry told me that he was going to pick Mill's up from school after work and take her home, although I know Harry too well and he will probably take her to get some ice-cream first.

So at the moment I'm counting the seconds to go home, which isn't that many considering I only have two minutes left. I decide to pack up all of my belongings and grab my keys, checking that the shop is perfect before I leave. As I do, I lock the front door and walk around the back of the shop to the car park and get in my car. The drive home isn't that long, I'm rather excited actually because I know that my wonderful boyfriend and adopted daughter are already sat at home awaiting my arrival.

I park up in the driveway - careful not to run any paps over - and make my way inside the house; thankful that it's nice and warm in here, the air somewhat cosy as I take off my winter coat. "Mummy!!" I hear Millie's little voice as she skips happily in my direction.

"Ah, ah," I stop her abruptly before she can hug me, her face confused as I crouch down to her height. Harry leans against the living room doorframe, watching me and Mill's; I point to the corner of her mouth and look at the white substance with a quirked eyebrow, "Millie, is that ice cream around your mouth?" I ask expectantly, although I already know the answer.

Her chubby cheeks flush a red colour and she looks at me guiltily, trying to hide any sign of her fibbing. "No?" She almost asks as a question.

"I think it is!" I reply, allowing my fingers to attach to her sides and tickle her until she cries and shrieks with laughter.

Harry smiles at the both of us tickling each other in the middle of the hallway, grabbing Mill's and taking her into the living room, with me following straight after. "Scott!" I smile at him, his somewhat lean frame perching on the edge of the couch with a large smile on his face. "Hey." I wrap my arms around his neck and engulf him in a well needed hug, I haven't seen him in weeks!

"Hey, how are you guys?" He asks me and Harry as we sit cuddled on the couch opposite him.

"We're really good! How're you?" I ask him politely, and genuinely interested. I do worry for Scott, he works so hard and sometimes he doesn't know when to take a break and just relax.

"I'm good! Glad to get a bit of time off, it's been a long week." He chuckles, pushing his hair back with one hand.

"Yeah, same here." I murmur in reference to the chaos that Harry has had to put up with over the last week, and yesterday's fiasco.

"Why what happened?" Scott asks concerned.

"Well," I roll my eyes at the story, "Harry's ex-girlfriend sent him a text message saying that she's pregnant and has been making him run back and forth doing unnecessary errands for her." I tell him straight out but not having quite finished with the explanation, "he hardly had any time for me and Mill's and he was restless and tired, not to mention completely stressed! It was awful to witness. I hated seeing him like that." I finish skeptically, glancing at his shifty eyes confusedly.