Year 6: Bad Angle

Start from the beginning

He felt so excited to personally give it to her but all his bliss and thrill crashed down as he saw Miro kiss Leni with his own eyes. His limbs felt weak, a strong prickle dwelled on his chest while shivers traveled across his back. The bright smile on his lips faded away with the sight of her kissing someone else.

Huli na pala...

He continued staring but it broke him more to see her smiling as if she was blushing after the kiss. He looked away and turned around. He placed his hand holding the the bouquet down as he walked away from the hall — he decided not to give it anymore. His heart broke into pieces while heading back to his office.

"Digong—" the janitor's voice faded as he noticed the sadness in his eyes upon bumping into him. He forced a smile and saw the trash bags piled up on his cart. "Tatapon mo na ba mga yan?" Digong asked. "Oho, sir." He replied.

His heart ached as he recalled seeing the love of his life being with someone else, he glanced at the bouquet he was holding before he decided to hand it to the janitor to dispose it. "Sama mo na 'to." He stated, the janitor felt intrigued. "Itatapon na 'to, mayor? Sayang naman ang ganda oh." He asked.

He chuckled weakly, "Wala na yung pagbibigyan ko eh. Di naman dumating." He invented. "Ay, sayang naman. Sige ho, ser." He headed out.

"Oh, pano? Mauna na ako." Miro told Leni, she flashed a sly smile. "Alam ko namang magmomoment kayo ni Diggy loves mo mamaya." He teased making her blush, he leaned towards her and pressed his cheek against her. "Balitaan mo ako kung kayo na ulit ha?" He joked making her blush even more after the cheek kiss. "Ewan ko sa'yo pero ipagdasal mo na maging okay na kami lalo na't Valentines ngayon." Her cheeks turned flush with the thought of him. "Sige na, mauna na ako." He bid before he left. Leni watched him leave and looked the other way, she saw Digong turning back and walking away. She wondered where he was heading to, she didn't know he saw her, she thought he just passed by.

It was what happened earlier and Digong stood on an angle that made it appear like Miro and Leni kissed each other on the lips. She was blushing because Miro was teasing her to Rodrigo but because of his bad angle, it messed up his Valentine's Day.

After Miro left, Leni started to look around searching for Digong on the crowd but he doesn't seem to be around. When he entered the hall, he got occupied by the guests. She waited until he gets a bit loose from accommodating and entertaining them but she only had the chance when the guests started going home.

The people's count started to decrease, she glanced at Rodrigo from time to time to swiftly talk to him if given the chance. She was having a chit chat with the other guests when she saw him heading out.

Baka magcocomfort room. Pagbalik niya kausapin ko na siya.

She told herself and remained seated. She glanced at her watch and thought she has waited for too long. She excused herself from her friends and headed outside to check where Digong was but his location appeared like a puzzle to her.

"Excuse me, nasaan si pangulo?" She politely asked one of the guards. "Ay mam, nauna na ho." He answered making her stunned. "Umalis na?" She stuttered in disbelief that she missed the opportunity to talk to him on that special day. "Opo mam, biglaan po kaseng nagsabi na uuwi siya sa Davao ngayon." He replied.

"Hindi naman siya nagpaalam saamin. Gusto ko kase sana siyang makausap kaso busy siya kanina sa mga guests kaya hinintay ko munang mabawasan yung mga bisita." A weak smile appeared on her lips. "Kanina pa ba siya umalis?" She followed. "Mga ten minutes na rin siguro mam." He replied.