Chapter 3 (Edited) - Matchmaking 101

Start from the beginning

But it always happens in books! Argh.

"Come on, This is Alpha two," I say impatiently waiting for their reply, "Come in."

"Is she for real?" Alexis' sarcastic voice rolls in through the loudspeaker.

"Yes, this is Alpha 3. Over," Sam replies.

"Is she for real?" This time it was Chloe.

I roll my eyes. "Alpha 1 has been brushed and polished into a model. Status on Greek God?"

"Who's Greek- you know what? I don't give a fuck," Alexis says giving up.

"Yes. Alpha 3 had invited Ryder- I mean Greek God - eww - to the party but I don't really know if he'll come," Sam finishes gloomily.

"It's alright Sam. You did your best," I say trying to lighten up the mood.

"What happened to Alpha 1, Alpha 3?" Chloe cocks an eyebrow.

I have her a look. "Why in the world would we do that? We're not five!"

"Let me kill her, please."

"She's not worth it, Alex. Calm down."

--------------------------------------------------

"Where is the target!?"

It's been an hour since we arrived and two since the party started.
My patience has been wearing thin. I mean, come on! Real life bad boy and good girl couple? Made by me? That's like my dream come true!

Since it's never going to be me as the main character.

It's the usual high school party. Nothing to write home about. Dim lights did more to make the house look fishy than anything. At first I searched the whole house for any sign of Ryder but came up empty. For bad boy signs. Fights, brawls, leather jackets, pots, anything.

When I came back empty handed, my friends had already vanished into thin air. Even Sam! My partner in crimes!

Literally and figuratively.

Stomping my foot like a child I make my way towards the bar.

"I need a drink."

------------------------------------------------------

"Chug, chug, chug."

The chants are becoming lower and louder each time I drown a glass. My head is spinning and I feel like I'm on the top of the world.

Which means I'm hopelessly drunk.

"Hell yeah!" I shout as I begin to stand up on the bar. A large crowd of drunken teenagers are gathered around me chanting and hooping.

I twirl around singing and dancing. Careful not to fall down though.

"Hey baby pull me closer in the backseat of your Rover!" I sing along with the music. The crowd around me soon joins with their ridiculous voice.

"And I know you can afford it by the tattoo on your shoulder!"

The world becomes a messy blur as I twirl around making an absolute fool out of myself.

Then I see him.

Ryder.

Watching me from the shadows with his usual bored face.

What the hell? Where's the brawl? So anti-climatic.

I immediately climb down (read fall down) from the table and begin to search for Chloe. I am so going to make this match and nothing can stop me!