fifty five

Tyler's awakening the next morning isn't exactly peaceful as Josh urgently shakes his shoulder as he sleeps, but it has him awake enough to pull himself out of bed as Josh explains that his parents are home—with company.

The two manage to sneak out of the house unseen by the high fucks in the living room by sneaking out the back door, and they start walking down to Tyler's house, where they won't be in any potential danger.

Tyler unlocks his front door and lets them both in, heading to the kitchen, "Breakfast?"

"Of course—it's the most important meal of the day," Josh follows the younger.

"Servin' it up, Gary's way," Tyler jokes as he swings open the refrigerator door, rummaging through the contents of his fridge; he really wishes Zack would hurry up and go to the fucking store.

"What?" Josh asks, as if he didn't get it.

Tyler turns away from the fridge to shoot Josh an incredulous look, "Are you kidding?"

"Nope, I'm genuinely confused."

Tyler looks to his boyfriend a moment longer before turning back to the fridge, "You don't deserve to know."

"Awe, c'mon, kid," Josh laughs as Tyler pulls out a carton of eggs and bread, and Tyler also wishes Zack would stop putting the fucking bread in the fucking fridge as well, because how can he enjoy a sandwich with hard ass, cold ass bread?  Or maybe Tyler's being overdramatic, but he doesn't care.  He hates refrigerated bread, and the older man has the nerve to wonder why bread always goes bad.

"Fried or scrambled eggs?" Tyler asks, nudging the fridge shut with his foot before moving to set the food down on the counter by the stove.

"Whatever you want," Josh says, leaning on the counter as Tyler turns on the stove before searching for a frying pan, "Need any help, baby boy?"

Tyler blushes and shakes his head, setting a frying pan on the stove and retrieving spray from the cupboard above him, "Uhh... Start on eggs—fried, I guess—and I'll, like, ask Zack if he wants anything. Please?"

"Sure thing, I have no idea where your spatulas are though," Josh agrees, taking Tyler's place at the stove.  The younger of the two opens a nearby drawer before leaving the room, being sure to toss a thanks over his shoulder.

Tyler knocks gently on his brother's door when he gets to it, waiting for the okay to come in before doing so.

"Hey, Z-bro," Tyler greets with a smile, and said man looks back to the younger, furrowing his brows a bit upon seeing him.

"Hey, isn't that a girl's hoodie?"

"No, it's my hoodie," Tyler says matter of factly before continuing, "Want any eggs and toast?"

"No, that's okay, thank you," Zack declines politely before speaking again, "Is Josh here?"

Tyler nods.

"Alright, come back here when he leaves, you have to tell me about your first date," Zack smiles to the younger before turning back to his computer.

"Okay, see you later," Tyler finishes before closing the door and returning downstairs to Josh.

"I'm back," Tyler says as he enters the kitchen and moves to the older boy's side, peering into the pan to make sure Josh is doing everything right.

"Welcome back, cutes," Josh greets him as he moves the finished egg to another plate and starts on the next egg.

Tyler blushes as the petname returns, "You can, like, cook more than one on that pan."

"Last time I tried that, I almost burnt the house down," Josh chuckles, still sticking to one egg at a time, despite there being room for two more.

"Like that time you tried to smoke paper?"

Josh laughs, "Man, I thought you'd forget by now."

"How could I?" Tyler laughs along, reaching for the refrigerated bread and grabbing four slices, "Zack doesn't want anything, by the way."

"Is it because I'm cooking it?" Josh jokes as Tyler moves to put the bread in the toaster.

"Possibly," Tyler shrugs, heading back over to the fridge to get jelly—like Josh did of Pete, ayoo.

They don't say much after that as Josh finishes cooking, and they eat their eggs and toast in silence as well, before heading up to Tyler's room.

<><><><><><>

alright so as i said on ao3:
"but like i'm also kinda planning another joshler fic?? like don't get excited or anything bc i'm still contemplating on whether or not ima do it bc it's gonna be pretty personal, even more than this fic. but i'm thinking i do wanna write it! so if i do start uploading, should i do it after i finish intimidation in a thousand years or as soon as i get like the first chapter up? idk guys."

whatchu guys think??

anyways, thank you guys! <3