twenty seven

Tyler tends to think a lot, so last night's conversation with Josh making itself known again was inevitable.

Josh has said that the drugs his parents are on are taking over their lives and that because of that, they care for Josh less than they should, or something along those lines.  The brunette can't help but wonder how much of a threat Josh's parents are to him since the drugs have such a big impact on them.  How heavily does it impact Josh?  Has it impacted his sister?  Does their parents' drug use have anything to do with her not being home?  

So many questions continue to sprout as Tyler stares subconsciously at the computer screen, until his tummy growls a bit too loud and long for his comfort.  His face flushes a little as he sheepishly turns his head to Josh, but he finds that the other boy is sleeping peacefully.

Tyler carefully slides the laptop completely onto his sleeping friend's lap before pushing himself off the bed and heading down to the kitchen, where he plans to make a bowl of cereal.

Tyler quickly prepares a bowl of Fruity Pebbles—the only cereal he'll pour the milk before the actual cereal—and barely gets to enjoy his hard work before his phone chimes in his pocket (he's been wearing his jeans since yesterday).  Tyler fishes the device out of his pocket and swipes at the Kik message, unlocking his phone after tapping in his passcode.

It's from a username he doesn't recognize, and there isn't a person in the profile picture.

    ?: Hi tyler!

What the fuck?  Apparently this person knows his name...  They seem a bit excited to talk to him, going by the exclamation mark... And honestly, who else talks to him and would be more than willing to do so other than Josh?

    tyler: hey. is this brendon??

    ?: Yeah! How did you know?

Tyler can't help but faintly smile a little to himself, even though it was kinda obvious who it was.  Let bean be proud.

    tyler: lucky guess

And as Tyler waits for the large-foreheaded boy to respond, he's struck by another question: how the fuck did Brendon get his Kik?  Josh had to have given it to him.  The small boy starts to get a bit annoyed by the realization; what if Tyler didn't want Brendon to have his Kik, but Josh went and gave it to him without his consent?  But, Tyler actually doesn't care and he doesn't wanna be upset with Josh, so he just pushes the thought aside as he waits for Brendon to finish and send his reply.

    brendon: Sure it was :) so wyd?

    tyler: feasting on cereal. wbu?

    brendon: I love cereal! What kind are you eating? And im buying snacks and shit

    tyler: fruity pebbles. theyre my favorite

    brendon: I dont have a favorite. If its cereal i love it

    tyler: i like that philosophy

    brendon: Mhm so im starting a business

    tyler: yeah?

    brendon: Yeah! Im buying snacks right now and im gonna sell them at school staring monday

    tyler: are we even allowed to do that?

    brendon: Idk but thats not stopping me! Ima have everything! Chips candy soda YA NAME IT! Sell them all for a dollar

    tyler: people will buy that from you?

    brendon: Of course they will! Dont doubt me child! And ill give you two for a dollar since youre my smollest beaniest friend :)

    tyler: sure if i can find some money somewhere

    brendon: Look forward to having business with you! Spread awareness!

    tyler: alright brendon :^)

    brendon: Holy shit that nose

Tyler grins a little; people always comment about his nose for some reason.  Plenty of people do it, but everyone he's ever texted acted as if they've never seen it before.

    tyler: its great

    brendon: Yes. And ill talk to you later. It was fun talking to you! Kinda wish you would talk this much in person but no pressure!

This honestly makes Tyler feel bad, but he does his best to push that aside as he types in his final response.

    tyler: you too brendon :^)

Tyler locks his phone after that, just as Josh steps in.

"I fell asleep, sorry," Josh apologizes, searching through the cabinets until he retrieves a bowl.  Tyler smiles amusingly at that, Josh really made himself at home.

"'S alright," Tyler says, shoving another bite of cereal into his mouth, chews, swallows (heh), "Brendon says he's, uh, starting a business."

"What kind of business?" Josh asks, bringing his bowl to the table to fix himself a bowl of Fruity Pebbles as well.

"Selling snacks."

"Dude, I wish I had thought of that," Josh laughs a little, opening cabinets again after his cereal's ready.  He eventually opens a cabinet with cereal boxes, putting the cereal away for Tyler, along with the milk in the fridge.

"I didn't think it would earn much money," Tyler says shyly, swirling his spoon around in his cereal bowl.

"Kids in school always ask each other for food," Josh smirks a little to his younger friend, "And would very likely be desperate enough for it to pay."

Tyler blushes a little, because Josh made it make a whole lot of sense, and he feels kinda fucking stupid now.

<><><><><><>

hi, thank you guys!!