Epilogue Part Two

Start from the beginning

Getting pregnant by Odell had put her in the spotlight and dating Odell had kept her there. She didn't like all of the extra attention on her when she didn't do anything to deserve it but fall in love with the wrong man. Plus, fame made Odell a monster and she hated it. She hated everything about that world and as much as she liked Trey, she wasn't going reintroduce herself to it because it just wasn't worth it.

"If you go, I'll be watching from my couch," Demi replied. Trey could tell she was uneasy about the subject so he let it go.

"Oh, we're here," Trey said. Demi didn't even notice how long they had been driving, but they were at a beach side restaurant that looked small and cozy. Demi could smell the water as she got out of the car even though it was February and it was freezing outside.

"Neverson," Trey said to the receptionist once they walked in. They were directed to a candlelit booth next to a window and they gave their drink orders before their waitress walked away.

"God, this is beautiful," Demi breathed out as she looked out at the moonlit beach. It was freezing but she would love to dip her feet in the water and just relax because she hadn't been to the beach in so long.

"I'm glad you like it. I found this hidden treasure a few months ago and I've been waiting to find the right person to share it with," he seriously said as Demi giggled, but stopped when she realized he was serious.

"Trey-"

"Demi..."

"Let's just enjoy tonight and not worry about the rest," she said, more to herself though.

All she could think about was how Odell would react if he found out there was even remotely something going on between them and she knew his reaction wouldn't be good. But on the other hand, she was a grown woman who was working her ass off everyday and she deserved to go on a nice date and be pampered every once in a while, even if it was by her baby daddy's best friend.

"So what did we learn tonight?" Trey questioned as he walked Demi to her door. She tried to find her key in her clutch but after staying at that restaurant nearly all night and downing almost five bottles of champagne, she was a little tipsy. Just a little.

"Beach side restaurants have the best champagne," Demi said as she leaned against her door and flashed Trey a lazy smile.

"Demi can't hold her alcohol," Trey retorted as she hiccuped.

"Trey is good at picking spots for dates," she continued as he took her clutch from her and fished her key out of it.

"Trey really likes Demi..." he trailed off as her grin widened and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Demi really really likes Trey," she breathed out. And then he kissed her. He wrapped his lips around hers and pulled her flush against his body. He kissed her like he had been wanting to do for so long, but he knew that all he could do tonight was kiss her because she was drunk and tomorrow was her daughter's birthday party and he couldn't sleep with the girl that his best friend was still in love with.

"Tonight was one of the best nights I've had in a while," Demi admitted once they pulled away.

"Me too." He held her key in front of her face so she took it as she pulled away from him. He was about to leave, but she tugged him back.

"It's late. We're going to the same place tomorrow. Just sleep over. If it makes you feel better, you can take the couch," she suggested.

He nodded and walked into the apartment behind her. She slipped her feet out of her shoes and exchanged her dress for a large tee shirt. Her makeup came off and she plugged her phone in as Trey stripped his pants and shirt, leaving him in an undershirt and a pair of boxers. They both slipped under the covers, Trey's arm wrapping around her waist and pulling her close. With the feel of his hands combing through her scalp and his warmth engulfing her, she fell asleep.