The Party(Part 1): 7

I finished cleaning the house, and my mom came home, satisfied with my work, she let me go back to my room. On my way to my bed, a piece of my phone implanted itself in my foot. Blood has a most impressive red color to it that makes even the most painful a situation seem evermore beautiful. It seeped into my carpet, leaving a nice little trail a hunter might use to track his kill. I pulled the piece out, cleaned the wound, and bandaged it. As I limped to my bed, I remembered what had happened. 

I was all dressed and ready for the Halloween party, I was going as a vampire, but not a cute sweet one, no I was one of those really deadly, really creepy looking ones, that stick out, but can also blend in. I wasn't over dressed though, after all, I was going to a party to get drunk not to get first place in a costume contest. I walked downstairs, only to be interrogated by my mother about where I would be trick-or-treating. She was so oblivious, but she must of thought she was some 'parent of the year'. After she questioned me, she was out the door, going to a friends house to get ready, after a while, they would be going to a club. After she left, I waited for Kat to come downstairs, and during the wait, the doorbell rang. I called out "I'll be right there, just a sec." walked over to the door, opened it, and found a very annoyed looking jay. "Is she ready yet?" he asked pinching his brow. " No, she isn't, I've been waiting for a good thirty minutes." I said with sympathy. Recently, Kat had become distant with him, I could see it, and I felt bad for him because typically these are the first signs of Kat ending yet another relationship. 

"She probably wont be down for another 30 minutes, can I come in and wait with you?" he asked still annoyed. I think at that point he could tell that things simply were not going to get better. "Sure, it's alright." I said grabbing his arm to lead him inside, but as I reached to guide him, he pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly. "She's going to leave me soon, isn't she?" he asked in absolute defeat. I didn't know how to answer his question, but I still tried. "There's still hope, she couldn't possibly leave a guy like you for no reason. It'll be alright," I pulled his ear to my lips and whispered, "I promise." he squeezed me tighter and then let go. After another 30 minutes, she finally walked downstairs looking like a slut. He wasn't really interested in her costume, or what she had to say, and once we got to the party, they went their separate ways, not glancing back at each other once. I knew that he wasn't ready to give up on her, and I knew she didn't care about their relationship. 

The party was at a large house, and in the backyard, away from the crowd, hanging from a willow, there was a swing. It seems the rich always possess the most cliche things, but regardless, I found myself a good drinking spot. After gathering a nice variety of booze, I headed towards the willow. I sat on the swing, happy that the tree provided a good hiding spot. I didn't want to see anyone. I know it was wrong of me, but I wanted Jay and Kat to stay together even if they were miserable just so I could still have Jay. I knew he was my friend, but I also knew if they broke up, he wouldn't still be my friend, and that hurt me. I really had gotten to liking him, he was so perfect, he was in all honesty my best friend and we spoke about things I would never tell anyone else. Every thought of him made me take a bigger swig of whatever I was drinking, and soon, I was chugging whole bottles at a time.