Sweet Dreams: 6

My mother had gone out for lunch, and not invited, typical, I didn't really mind at all though. I decided a meal would probably be good for me as well, and made my way to the kitchen. It's one thing to have an object remind you of someone, but to have an entire house all to yourself surrounding you in memories, that's an entirely different thing. I still remember the first time he stayed over night at my house, it was sometime during the very end of September, or the very beginning of October.  

Kat had made this elaborate scheme to have him sneak in a window and ninja walk his way to her room. None of it was necessary though because before he showed up, my mom decided to go out with her friends for a while, and wouldn't be home until the very early hours of the morning. So, fast forward a few hours when he was about to crawl through a window. Kat had gone to sleep early because she was tired and didn't even remember he was supposed to show up. I heard a few rustling noises outside the back window in the kitchen, and decided to investigate. Well, as I enter cautiously, I saw a very disheveled Jay half way through the window, trying to fit the rest of himself in. Apparently, he didn't notice I was standing there, so when I asked "Are you trying to break in and murder us?", he let out a girlish scream and fell inside the house. I was laughing as though it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen, and honestly, I think it was the happiest moment I had had since Rachel had died. "You little punk, get over here and help me up." He said with a sly smirk. I knew I was in for it. "Never you big goof." I said with just enough attitude to make it believable. "Now!" He said sternly, authority coating his voice. "No thank you." I said with a pleasant sigh . I knew I was going to get him mad, but I could also see the evil plan lurking in his eyes, he was going to do something, I knew he was, I just wanted to see how long I could hold him off. 

"Get your ass over here, now." He said again, more playfully this this time. "Nope, never in a million years." I stated with pride. It's funny how life's best moments are either played out in fast forward, or slow motion, and for this moment, everything seemed to speed up. He launched himself up from the ground, and grabbed me by my waist, hoisting me over his shoulder. Then, like any respectable sixteen year old, he threw me outside. Yes, Jay kicked me out of my own house, and locked the door. I was pissed. I went to the window he was climbing through, and got halfway through when I saw him laughing at me. I had a great plan, and I knew he'd fall for it. I 'fell' inside, and 'hurt' myself. "Ow, my arm, it really hurts."  I whined, but in a serious sort of way that made him run over to my side, and ask "Are you alright, oh my gosh Em, are you alright, I'm so sorry, I was just joking, I'm so..." I looked up with 'tear-filled' eyes, and burst out laughing. He had looked like a little puppy that got in trouble, and didn't mean to. I was rolling around on the floor, laughing so hard my chest hurt, and he was just sitting there looking at me. "I genuinely hate you, meanie." he said jokingly. "Just admit it, you love me." I said dragging out the 'love' and smiling like an idiot. 

"You're right, I do love you..." he started,"but I'm still going to kill you." He exclaimed climbing on top of me, and tickling me. After a long hard battle, I finally wiggled away from his grip, and ran to the living room. He sat on me again, and said "Promise you'll never trick me like that again, okay, and then, I'll let you go, but promise me first." he spoke quietly, like it was a secret. Replying, I spoke as quietly as him, "Okay," I pulled his head, and turned his ear to my lips and whispered, "I promise." and then he smiled, and stood up. Before I walked to my room to go to bed, he hugged me and wished me sweet dreams. 

The next morning he was gone, but a note had been left under my door. "If you ever feel like bothering me, here's my number you little punk: (***)-***-****     -Jay" I laughed to myself, grabbed my phone and entered him into my contact list. The rest of the day went as any other would, and so did the week. Even now, I think I was so exited with how great of a friend I thought he would be that I hadn't thought of him as anything more than just that. Soon, Halloween would come, and I was exited because although I stopped my alcoholic tendencies, a nice party with good drinks was fun every now and then, if only I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have been  exited at all.