Looking at the pieces

I do not own Teen Wolf.
-Chapter Twenty Four-
*Sadie's POV*

When I woke up the first thing I realized was that the sun was up, and I wasn't in school. I sleepily pushed myself up and leaned on my arm. My phone said that it was 9:22, but if that was true then why wasn't I in school, did everyone just forget to wake up. The house was much quieter than it usually was as well, so the boys weren't here, so they were in school. I got out of bed and slowly pushed my feet across the floor, heading towards my bathroom.

I splashed water onto my face and my eyes shot right open, dammit that water was cold. After going to the bathroom I went downstairs to find my dad sitting in the kitchen, he had a bunch of books spread out everywhere and his laptop was open. That was weird.

"Hey dad." I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"What's up kiddo?" he smiled, shutting his laptop.

"What's all this?" I asked, gesturing to all of the papers on the table.

"Just researching some stuff." he began to pick all of it up.

I handed one to him that fell on the floor and sat down at the table, crossing my arms and resting my head on them. He tossed me and apple which I caught in the knick of time, just before it would have come crashing into my face.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"School." he sipped his coffee.

"Yeah, uh why aren't I at school?"

"I wanted to keep you home today, go out and train." he cleared his throat and sat his coffee down on the counter.

"Should I go get ready?" I asked.

"Just grab a jacket and some boots, maybe some jeans." he nodded.

"Okay.'' I stood up and bit into the apple, heading back up to my room.

I through on a pair of old jeans and a black leather jacket, I put a pair of my combat boots on and went back down stairs tying my hair back on the way. I finished my apple and checked my phone; Sixteen missed calls from Stiles, two from Scott, four from Aiden and one from Lydia plus a couple of messages from both Allison and Scott.

Ignoring them all, I tucked my phone into my coat pocket and sat down on the couch as I tied the laces tighter.

"That was quick." he laughed and sat down to tie his shoes.

"Yeah because putting a coat and some shoes on takes so much time." I chuckled and then stood up to go turn the car on.

In a couple of minutes he joined me in the car and we started driving down the road, I didn't really recognize where we were going but I didn't really care either.

"You should probably take your road test sometime." he smiled.

"Eh, I have Noah." I shrugged.

"He graduates this year." he laughed.

"Then I have Alex."

"Who graduates next year."

"So next year it is." I  nodded my head and looked back out the window.

We pulled into an empty, secluded lot with some trees scattered here and there. I got out and followed my dad around to the back of the car, he opened up the trunk and got out some elbow pads and a couple of other pads. When I gave him a questioning look, he chuckled and raised and eyebrow.

"Figured we could practice a little endurance slash defensive training?" his white teeth flashed at me.

"What because I'm a girl?" I asked, strapping the pads onto his body for him.