Finders

I slowly rocked down I-40 as I looked out the window of the car that was slowly takings me farther and farther from the place I had called home for more than sixteen years. The moving van behind me, which was being driven by my dad, had most of my life packed inside small to large boxes. "Cara?!?! Honey are you ok?" Great now my mom was driving the pity bus. "Ya, I guess." I said in a pretty monotone voice. After getting the "wonderful" news they we were moving I pretty much stopped living. Just imagine coming home from school....

                          Two Months Earlier
    "Hey Cara! Whatch up to?" Yay I was being talked to by the WEIRD kid. Trying to avoid conversation and still come up with a convincing lie to make her catch the memo Hey I don't like you.

"Hey Lona, I was just, ummmmm, finishing last night's home work."

"Cool I could help you if you need some help!" Could this day get any worse? First my car won't start, then Starbucks,of all places, runs out of MY favorite coffee, then my friend calls and tells me that she has been sleeping with my boyfriend. (A slip up on her part) apparently my boyfriend Conner's name is right below mine and she decided to call him at 2 in the morning so they could have phone sex. How nice!  Uggggggg!!!! Before Lona can talk to me anymore the bell saves my ass.

"Ok class......" the teacher drones on and on and on about the Importance of world war two (WWII). After watching the clock for what feels like forty-five hours the bell signals the end of the day.

Seeing how it is April and the weather is nice in Florida I decided to drive to the elementary school and pick up my little sister Adrianna, or Addie as I liked to call her, and drive to the park and do homework on the picnic table under the shade of the large Oak tree by the stream.

  Pulling up to my sister's elementary school is like driving into the McDonald's drive through while they are giving away free burgers. In other words it's not pretty, one parent actually honked at me and called me grandma. People become VERY mean when it comes around 4:45. I see my sister speaking among some other girls as I try ruthlessly to catch her attention. Finally she sees me and decides to walk super slow giving the busses plenty of time to pull out so I could get stuck behind them. After doing the HURRY UP motion multiple times she finally gets the memo and speeds up as the car behind me gets closer and closer to my tail. Once in the car I do the flight of the bumblebee to get out of there before WWIII begins.

"Hey Caroline, today was great! The teacher taught me how to multiply by twos today and she gave me this really pretty sticker that sparkles if you look at it right and Jeremy gave me one of his cookies and told me he liked my teddy bear can you believe that  and even better I got a 100% on my test on multiplying by one's, a 100% can you believe that.?!?!?!.?!." She fired all this information at me just like she did every school day.

  " Wow, kiddo I'm really proud of you it had to of been a pretty difficult test and that was SUPER nice of him to do that. You need to give the teacher a humongous thanks for the cookie and sticker tomorrow if you didn't today!"
I always tried to match my sister's excitement because she was the light in my life on the exceptionally rainy days.

  "Car, what does who-monk-us mean?"

  "What? Do you mean humongous?" Trying to stiffil a laugh so I didn't hurt my little sis's feelings!

  "That's what I said!" She loved to argue no matter the subject.

   "It means big or large like Ploto" (pronounced as Pluto) Ploto was out large Great Dane.

    "Ohhhh" my sister looked at me with her big blue eyes framed with dark brown long lashes. My sister always looked like my mom with her slightly upturned nose, blond hair with brown streaks, and petite frame, I on the other hand looked like a mix of my parents with a slightly upturned nose that had a bump in it from were I broke my nose on a rocking chair, my jet black wavy hair that framed a heart shaped face, and small mouth, I also sported long and thick lashes and green and blue eyes depending on my mood.

       By the time my sister told me about her entire day and what she got for lunch we pulled into the driveway of our large three story house that had a large in ground pool, freshly mowed grass, five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a balcony, and a garden. I loved the house more than words could describe. As I was taking in the beauty of our house  like I did everyday I noticed something that was off in more ways then one. My parents were BOTH home.

______________________________________________________________

Wow I wonder what's going on??? Is it just a false alarm or is something about to flip her world upside down? Please post comments and rate it. I need to  know what y'all might want to see in the next chapter. Thanks so much for deciding to actually read it. I won't be able to update everyday but I will try to do it at least 2-3 times a week. Luv y'all bunches and thx again for your support. But please message me or comment or rate. :D
                                                                      -R