iii

Hey guys! Just to clear things up before this chapter starts!
I'm changing their ages just to fit the story more! 
So Viktor is 22, Yuri is 21, Mari is 19 and Yulia is 17.
Hope that clears up things!
Now on to the chapter!

//Yuri's POV\\

I stood in my room, preparing myself for the ball, I was very nervous. I was mainly nervous about my citizen's reaction to the fact that I was marrying Yulia, considering the fact that I'm around four years older than her.
I straightened my tie, took a deep breath, left my room and walked to the ballroom doors.
I hesitated but instantly gave myself the courage to open the doors.
I opened the doors and to my relief the guests had not arrived, neither had Viktor or Yulia. I was slightly dissapointed but shook the emotion away. I walked up to Mari and smiled at her.

"Nervous?" I asked

She nodded and started fiddling with the shoulder's of her dress "Very. Viktor kind of scares me."

"How so?" I questioned

"He's just...eerie..." She stuttered "He just.. Doesn't seem interested in me..or anything.."

"Trust me Mari," I replied, putting my hand on her shoulder "He is interested. He just doesn't think you are."

"Oh.." She mumbled "I guess I just haven't been acting so.. romantic towards my fiancé.. Maybe tonight I should kiss him."

"Maybe you should wait." I retorted "You have only known him a day."

"Have you not thought about kissing Yulia at all?" She asked me

I shook my head "No."

Suddenly a group of Nihon citizens entered the ballroom. I smiled, looking at them all. The citizens of Nihon were happy people, which made me paranoid about the people of Rossiya. After all, Viktor and Yulia did say that Rossiya was a dark, cold, poor kingdom so who knows what the citizens were like? 

After a while I saw a few citizens that I didn't know, I clenched my teeth nervously as I spotted the dark clothes they were wearing. They were citizen's of Rossiya. They all had thick accents and low voices and I could see some of my citizens looking slightly uncomfortable by them.

I looked around for something to distract me then my eyes spotted a small table with glasses of champagne on it.

Yuri don't..  I thought to myself you shouldn't drink..

One wouldn't hurt.. Right?  I argued to myself No.. But we can't risk anything.

"Be quiet, thoughts!" I said under my breath before heading to the table, I poured myself a glass and just as I was about to drink it a hand grabbed my arm. I grabbed the glass with my other hand and put it down. I then turned to the person and frowned slightly.

"You shouldn't be drinking champagne Yuri.." Viktor stated

He let go of my arm and mumbled a quick "sorry.. I just do not want you doing something you will regret."

"Like what?" I questioned "I can handle champagne. Just not too much of it."

"I am just afraid of what the outcome of champagne will be.." Viktor stated with a nervous look in his eyes "..I do not want you harming anyone.."

A look of shame formed on my face as his eyes locked with mine. Did he really think I'd harm someone by drinking champagne? 
I looked him in the eyes for a bit longer then I looked at his outfit. He wore... A suit. It was black.. Everything he wore was black. It suited him. It suited him very well...

I shook my head, removing my thoughts then looked back up at Viktor.

"Where's Yulia?" I asked

"She's talking with your sister." He answered

"Thank you." I smiled, walking up to Yulia after spotting her

She smiled at me "Hi."

"Hello." I replied

"What was Viktor just taking to you about?" She asked

"He was just saying that I should not drink any champagne because he's scared I will harm someone." I answered

"Would you harm someone if you drank champagne?" She asked with a hint of fear in her eyes

"Not at all!" I answered honestly "I have never harmed anyone after drinking champagne."

"Thank goodness." Yulia mumbled under her breath

"And don't worry." I assured, taking her hand in my own "I would never harm you anyway.."

Hope you like!
The proper ball chapter will be next chapter I'm sorry xD
I'll have characters dancing next chapter for sure!