i

(Playlist for chapter 1)
Shatter Me Orchestral Cover - Emma Dahl

//Yuri's POV\\

It had been days since mother sent out the knights and guards to find a partner for my sister and I and they finally came back.

I watched from my window as the guards stood behind and beside the people and the knights walked in front.

The people wore full black which was very suspicious.
Then I spotted the girl I was to marry.

She was a petite blond who -judging by her behavior towards the guards- had a temper.
As they were walking into the castle a servant of mine knocked on my door.

"Sir." The servant said

"What is it Phichit?" I asked

"Princess Mari and your mother are waiting for you." He answered

"I will be out now." I stated, walking up to the door and leaving the room.

"They are at the ballroom entrance." Phichit stated

"Thank you." I replied, walking down the tremendously long stairs to get to the ballroom floor.

"Yuri." My mother said with a smile as I entered the room "These are the Nikiforov family. They are royalty to the kingdom of Rossiya."

I nodded and walked over to them.

"I am Prince Yuri." I stated

"I'm Prince Viktor." The tall prince replied with a small bow "I hope you will treat my sister with much respect as your bride."

I bowed back at him respectfully "And I wish the same of you with my sister."

"I am Princess Yulia." My soon-to-be-bride announced

"I'm Princess Mari." My sister stated "It is an honour meeting both of you."

"We will have a ball to celebrate the engagement." My mother stated with a smile "I give you permission to invite people of your own kingdom to this ball if you please."

"I'm sure the people of our kingdom would enjoy this mother." Prince Viktor said, facing his mother

She nodded and faced my mother, sister and I.

"I will send out invitations to twenty people in my kingdom." The miserable-faced queen said "My husband and the rest of my kingdom need to stay and be protected."

My mother nodded

"I completely understand." My mother said in response

"Do you have someone who can get us clothes for this ball?" Yulia asked, getting a strong glare off her mother

"Oh! Yes! We do!" My mother stated "We can get him to help you out with your outfits for this ball."

Yulia smirked as her mother looked at mine with a face of confusion and happiness.

"Thank you" Prince Viktor smiled

Hello everyone! I hope you like this story so far! The next chapter or the third chapter will have the ball!
I'll also be making the chapters longer as the story progresses.

Please comment and tell me how you think this story is so far :) I will highly appreciate it

Anyways, the next chapter (might be) out soon!

Bye!

~Ethan