Chapter Eighteen

En başından başla

I shifted my eyes away as I heard Aruella's friends laughing at me. I swiftly got my things. In a hurry to find isolation, I ran away from the crowd, making my way in front of their mansion. I hid behind an oak tree and hugged myself as I sat down. I found tears streaming down my cheeks.

I don't know why Aunt Tina hates mom. Or me. I can't think of anything that would make her despise us so much. Mom's not even here anymore and yet the animosity Aunt Tina exudes lingers. Their the only extended family I have and we can't even meet halfway. It makes me mad and sad at the same time.

I was sobbing hysterically when I felt I wasn't alone. I heard footsteps walking towards me and so I looked up. It was a bit blurry due to my tears but as soon as I wiped them I saw a brown – haired boy standing in front of me, holding out a handkerchief. Both my eyebrows furrowed.

"If you're making fun of me go away!" I told him angrily. I don't know him. Why was he suddenly here? He only kneeled down and pursued on offering his hanky. I slapped his hand. "I don't need that so go away!"

He stared at me for so long until he heaved a sigh and stood up. "Fine. But crying makes you ugly."

After saying such foul words, he started walking opposite my direction. How dare him?!

"Hey you stupid boy! I am not ugly! Come back here!" I yelled, my voice at the brim to prove him wrong. He stopped and faced me.

"So calling you ugly will make me stay here with you." He said, clearly amused as he moved closer. I glared at him. Again.

"Shut up! I am not ugly! What do you want?!" I demanded.

"Well, the party is starting."

"Do you think I care?" I replied as I wiped the tears away.

"Here." He said yet again as he extended his blue handkerchief to me.

Why is he obsessed of giving that piece of a clothing away?

"Boys have cooties."

He chuckled. "And I thought you're smart."

I gasped. "I am smart!"

"Alright. Fine. But you do need this, you look like a mess." I squinted my eyes as I folded my arms, gazing away from his annoying face. "Stubborn girl." He commented. I was about to tell him to get lost but stopped midway when something soft and gentle pressed my face. I slightly turn around to see him wiping my cheeks with his hanky. At that moment, I knew something wavered and shifted. He smiled as he noticed how startled I was. "I saw what happened; you shouldn't let witches cast their spells down on you. It's not a nice sight to see. You're lucky a prince like me saved you." He crookedly smiled. "I'm Justin by the way."

I felt my cheeks burned so I looked anywhere but his face. With little strength and a sudden change of heart, I introduced myself. "Uh...I'm Andi."

Did he regret it? I often wonder. Did he ever regret handing over his handkerchief for me to stop crying? Did he ever regret walking his way towards me?

He could've walked the other direction. He should've chosen not to butt in. He would've, maybe, save himself from intersecting our strings of fate. I mean I didn't like him from what my eyes had seen. It was more of, what my insides felt the moment he stayed and made me feel that I wasn't alone.

I knew I was the type of person who's painstakingly stubborn for her own good. I couldn't forget even if I want to. Its like there was something inside of me that embedded every happy memories I had with Justin, picking its favorites, only to play on repeat for me to mull over. To remember what has been and what was lost.