Chapter 9: Banana-Caramel-Blueberry Smoothie

"Come on! Come on, baby!" sang Brook joyfully as he strummed his guitar. "Nyaa! Nyaa! Nya-nya-nya-nya-nyaa; I'm always a lively skeleton!"

Luffy, with two large chunks of meat on either hand, and Franky, with a fluffy, pink afro, stood by Brook dancing along to his music. Lavi giggled from her seat beside Chopper as she watched the antics of her crewmates; her eyes followed their so-called dance moves as she happily sipped a strawberry milkshake.

"It's good drinking while watching the cherry blossoms," Zoro said. "Right, Chopper? Lavi?"

"Yes! I love drinking milk while watching the leaves as well!" Replied the reindeer in his cow suit. Lavi nodded and pulled away from her straw.

"Milkshakes taste sweeter when the weather is warm and beautiful," she said with a grin. "Not that you would know, Mr. Kusamochi," she added as she eyed the liquor in Zoro's hand and scrunched up her nose. Zoro's eye twitched.

"I told you not to call me that!" He growled at her. Lavi stuck her tongue out at him in response, but her playful demeanor fell when she heard Chopper make a sound of disgust. She looked over at the reindeer with a mixture of curiosity and concern.

"It stinks! I smell poison!" Chopper cried out with wide eyes. Zoro stood abruptly at Chopper's words as the small doctor fell forward only to be caught by Lavi with her free hand before he hit the floor. His bottle of milk, however, still fell onto the ground. "It's a deadly poison!" He shouted as he steadied himself back on his feet. Luffy, Brook, and Franky all quickly ran over to stand beside the green-haired swordsman.

"What is it, Chopper?" Franky asked.

"He was poisoned?" Zoro questioned.

"Chopper!" Luffy exclaimed.

"He took poison," said Brook. "I remembered!"

"Do you have any idea of what it is?" Franky asked.

"Listen to this song: 'The Poison I Took'."

"It's a song?!"

"Are you sure what you smelled was poison?" Lavi asked Chopper. Chopper nodded.

"There's no doubt about it," he said as he wrinkled his nose.

"Now that I think about it," started Zoro after chugging down some more of his drink, "the taste of this drink is..." He paused and put his hand underneath his chin as he pondered about it. "Wait, or was it always like this?"

"Usopp!" Shouted Luffy, turning the attention of the others toward the long-nosed man who was spraying pesticides on his plants. "So, it's your fault! Look! Chopper was caught by the poisonous milk!"

"It's your fault for being there!" Argued Usopp. "The poison is for killing worms! If it dies, it means you are worms!"

"Well, then we can relax. After all, we are not insects," said Zoro as he sat back down on the deck and took another long swig from his bottle of liquor.

Lavi smiled, chuckling at the turn of events. She turned her focus back to her smoothie, drinking what was left of the drink, having found it to taste not much different than it had before.

"So, are you okay?" Chopper asked.

"The taste is a bit different, but it's also pretty good," Zoro said.

"It's a little bitter," Chopper said after also drinking from his own drink. "Is that because I'm becoming an adult?"

"Let me try it," Luffy said as he grabbed onto the reindeer's bottle of milk. He took a quick sip and immediately spit it back out. "That's horrible." Lavi laughed as she leaned against the mast of the ship, entertained by the shenanigans of her brother, Franky, and Brook.