Chapter 3: Honey Whipped Cream Crepes

A/N: There's a Bee & Puppycat reference to it in this chapter. See if you can catch it!

***

The little girl yawned as her blurred vision started to clear. She was confused at first, but relaxed when she realized where she was. She looked down the flight of stairs as another yawn escaped her mouth.

Was it morning?

She went to grab the railing of the staircase with her left hand, but, after finding herself unable to, noticed that the attached arm was in a cast. Her brow furrowed in confusion.

I do not remember getting this.

She shrugged it off after a moment and noticed that she was wearing a ruffled green dress with dress shoes. She pouted at the outfit.

Why does Miss Makino keep making me wear dresses?

She sighed in relief when she realized that her green baseball cap was still on her head though; and her eyes lit up when she realized that the dress had pockets. She stuck her right hand in one of them, only to pull out lollipops and glitter.

"Whoa, magic pockets!" She squealed. With a newfound excitement, she skipped down the steps. "Miss Makino? Luffy?" She called out; but she received no answer. A pout settled back onto her lips at the silence that consumed the establishment. She skipped the last step, ending up at the back end of Partys Bar. Her pout disappeared once again when she noticed breakfast laid out for her on the bar counter.

Miss Makino must have gone out to town.

She rushed over to the counter and sat down on one of the bar stools happily, though with difficulty because she couldn't use her left hand and savored her breakfast of crêpes and blueberry cake. She hummed as she chewed, swinging her legs back and forth as they hung over the stool before abruptly stopping after a few bites. She swallowed one last bite before frowning.

Eating alone is not any fun.

She sighed and licked the sweetness from her lips. She froze as she noticed a pack of cards sitting on the opposite side of the counter. She tilted her head as she looked at it.

I do not know why, but it feels like it should not be there.

Before she could think about it any further, she found herself walking toward it. She didn't know why. She didn't decide to do it. But she couldn't stop her body from moving forward. She noticed that the cards lay face down as she neared them. She moved to pick up the one at the top of the deck and flipped it over. She frowned at the card—the ace of spades.

Ace. Ace. Ace.

It echoed inside her head over and over and over until—

"Ace!" She shouted with a gasp. A chill ran down her spine.

Something feels wrong.

"Luffy is probably out with Ace," she told herself. She looked back down at the card in her hand and her frown deepened. She placed it inside her right pocket and made her way outside. She blinked rapidly at the unexpected dark sky.

I thought it was morning. I just had breakfast—did I not?

She placed her small right hand against her temple. Her head started to pound; everything started to grow fuzzy and blurry.

Ace.

She felt cold.

A hand on her shoulder made her jump. She gasped and turned around. A blurred figure stood in front of her, but it quickly cleared up to reveal blue and white. She sighed in relief.