The Definition of a No-Good Nigga

February 14, 2017 (Valentine's Day)

So, here we are again! It's Valentine's Day and I'm left with no nigga, again! Kyra thought it was cool for her to take shots at me for not having a nigga but she's neglecting hers. Where they do that at? These niggas are always playing games but she just flipped the script all the way around. Hey, everybody can't share niggas like her. It's hard to even get a nigga that you can deal with in the first place, let alone finding two!

I almost had me a nigga for Valentines Day. For real! I was so set on this boy named Brandon that I met a few weeks ago. He's a freshman that just transferred to Laketon State from the University of West Georgia. Out of everybody on this campus, he's the only person I can see myself with. This nigga is fine! He has to be a good 6'3'' with smooth brown skin and a pretty face. He had a nappy fade too. Anybody that knows me knows that I love niggas with nappy hair boy! I'll play in it all day!

I first saw him when I was walking to my 12:00 class. I took a look at him and I had to stop dead in my tracks. That nigga took my breath away! I love LSU but I was thinking about transferring to West Georgia if the niggas were that fine! I was on Instagram and he happened to pop up in my suggested users after I followed somebody back. No lie, I did lurk on his page for a second. I saw Asia later on that day in the Student Activity Center and told her all about him!

"Girl, this nigga is so fine! Just look at him!"

She grabbed my phone, scrolled down his page for a second and then gave the phone back to me. She didn't look impressed at all. She just said, "Oh, ok."

"Ok? This nigga is gorgeous!"

"To you."

I smacked my lips. "Girl, what is wrong with your eyes?"

"'Cole, that nigga is just ok. You just think he's fine because you've never seen him before. He's regular just like most of the other niggas around here. Come March, you won't even blink when he walks by."

"Girl, don't talk about future bae like that! We're gonna be celebrating our two-month anniversary in March!"

"If you say so."

"I know so! As a matter of fact, I'm gonna shoot my shot with him."

She looked at me like I was crazy. "You're gonna do what?"

"I'm gonna shoot my shot! I can't pass up a nigga that fine honey! I'm trying to have a Valentine this year!"

"You're acting so thirsty right now."

"How?"

"What do you know about this nigga? All you know is what you found out by stalking him on Instagram. Then you're saying that's the only nigga on campus that you can see yourself with. There's more to relationships than looks 'Cole."

"That's why I'm going to approach him!"

"To be honest, this nigga looks like the type that'll just stare at you like you're crazy if you try to talk to him."

"How do you know?"

"How do you not know? You don't know him, hoe!"

I sat up confidently in my chair. "Whatever! I'm gonna start a conversation with him the next time I see him."

"Tell me how that two-minute conversation goes."

A couple of days later, I saw him out on the yard sitting on a bench by LC7, the freshman boy dorm, with one of his homeboys. My heart jumped a little bit. I've never approached a nigga before in my life. Niggas always come up and try to talk to me, especially on this campus. I took out my mirror and my make-up pouch. If I was gonna shoot my shot, I had to look good doing it! I let out a sigh and I walked over to the bench with a smile on my face and an extra twist to my walk.