I was doing what I had to do.

Bryn’s POV –

Jason tosses Blissity into my arms and as soon as I catch her the building explodes before my eyes. The friction causes me to fly back and hit the ground, falling on my back and knocking the air out of my lungs. I cough, trying to breathe.

My head begins pounding and I hold Blissity, just in case someone tried to snatch her away from me. I look up and see flames engulfing the building. The wood sways left and right until everything collapses down, creating a large booming sound which echoed throughout the forest, causing birds to rise up from the trees and flee for new territory.

I lay Blissity on the ground, checking her pulse to make sure she was still alive. Luckily I feel her heart beating, just barely but enough to calm my nerves.

Now I stand up and look around the house for a sign of Jason. He simply disappeared right after Blissity fell on top of me. I bring my hands up to my mouth and yell out his name, hoping he had just been blown out of sight from the explosion. All I get in response is the sound of flames licking the air I breathe.

Suddenly, I felt weak and sick to my stomach. Jason was nowhere to be found and Blissity was in an unconscious state. I stare crazily at the flames and feel the tears building up in my eyes.

I look away from the flames and search the area for his body. He had to be around here somewhere, he couldn’t have remained in the building.

“Please let me find you.” I whisper to myself as a tear falls down my cheek.

I cough from the smoke and waft it away as I circle around the back of the building and around to the front again. I look up while walking, staring at the building until I see someone lying on the ground just outside where one of the paneled up windows used to be.

His back was purely exposed and badly burned and there were large cuts from the wood and fire. I run over to the body and fall to my knees right in front of him. Up close his back was worse than I thought. Carefully I place my hands on his shoulders but quickly snatch them back after feeling the heat against my fingertips. I suck up the pain and place my hands on his shoulder, turning his body to face me.

Tears stream down my cheeks on command once I take in the sight of Jason. A portion underneath his neck had been darkened from the smoke and debris and he was bleeding under his left eye. Besides that his chest seemed fine and I’m sure he turned on his back for protection.

“Jason?” I say, placing my hand on his face softly, “Can you hear me?”

He doesn’t respond and I try my hardest not to panic. I bite my lip and stroke his cheek, staring at his face. I couldn’t bear to see him in this state. As I cry, I move my hand to check his pulse, just for a reassurance.

Just a heartbeat that was similar to Blissity’s, maybe fainter.

Gradually, my body builds up and begins panicking. My handshakes and I stare at his face while the tears trickle down my cheeks. I dig my arms under his and try standing up but he was too heavy for me to hold onto. I lay him on the ground and look around for some guidance on what exactly I should do next. I was shaking and crying and on the verge of losing my mind. Blissity was unconscious and so was Jason. I couldn’t lose both of them....I can’t even lose one of them.

I walk around Jason, standing behind his head and grab his arms. I begin dragging his body towards the front of the building, moving quickly before the police could catch me. Another explosion goes off and I move quicker, finally hearing the sound of sirens. They were about a mile away but loud enough to alert the entire town.

I reach Jason’s car and stuff his body into the back seat. I notice Drew as well but pay no mind to him. I look at Jason’s face one last time and turn away to go after Blissity. My car was gone, most likely taken by that bitch Victoria. I can’t believe Blissity stopped me from ending her life. Not only did she torture her and cause all this destruction but she knows my secret and I know she won’t hesitate to tell the world.