Chapter twenty seven

Start from the beginning

Ava had lost track of Haley's words as she laughed along with the baby, ignoring the arm that had rested on the sofa cushion behind her.

The recent days had only made the oconnell more confused on her relationship with Nicklaus mikealson.

It began strictly platonic.
Atleast she always thought that.

But the more time she spent with him, the more time she caught him intently watching her as if all her secrets could be found with the way she stared off into space.

The more she found herself falling for him.

And as she pulled her gaze from the little girl resting in her arms,
klaus sat there- staring at her.

*****

Haley had taken the baby from Ava, and although she couldn't protest because Haley was the mother, she hated the empty feeling she had after the child left.

She yearned to be a mother ever since she was a child herself, but she couldn't have children.
And it was only Cami who knew why.

"We best be off." Klaus declared as he rose to stand beside Haley. Ava rose too, her eyebrows scrunched in confusion they had only just arrived.

"Not you avangaline. For your own safety you and Camille will stay here." Klaus informed her, his lips set in a straight line and his hands behind his back.

"I'm sure I can handle myself." Ava retorted, attempting to push past the man and head to the door, but instead had a hand gently push her backward.

"Don't worry Ava, you have Elijah to keep you company if you have a sibling quarrel. Elijah needs some recuperation of his own." Klaus chuckled lowly, guiding the girl back in front of him.
At the sound of his name Elijah entered, still adorning a regal suit and slicked hair.

"A single violent outburst at a filthy road side cafe, and one never hears the end of it." Elijah spat in annoyance as he waited by the doorway.

Ava smiled brightly at the original she could handle, not wanting to question the pain behind his expression or the insinuation behind his words.

Klaus moved toward his brother, a signature smirk and mischievous glint in his eye.

"Oh, avangaline has a way with minds plagued by demons, brother! You two can bond. Camille too." He informed both of them in the room as the elder oconnell and Haley had left to the hallway.

"No funny business brother." Klaus patted his brothers shoulder, as if in a small warning, before joining the other two.

Elijah chuckled to himself as he entered further into the room, his eyes never leaving Ava.

As the door clicked shut Elijahs chuckles simmered down, his look morphing to intrigue.

"My brother admires you avangeline. Far more then either of you care to admit." The original sang into her ear softly. Ava gulped down the feelings that erupted at his notion.

people continued to accuse her of feelings in which she refused to say herself, and it made her feel nervous.

"Something I care to admit right now Elijah, is I need to get hammered." Ava laughed as she jumped toward the doorway.

The man chuckled at her actions, waiting a few seconds before he commented.

"I think you're forgetting one of the house guests." He noted just as Cami waltzed in the room with a baby in her arms.

Ava stopped dead in her tracks, watching the small girl stare at her with the questioning eyes.

"Oh yeah. Well, whose up for milk shots then?" The girl declared as the small version of the man she wanted to avoid most, was passed into her arms.

•••

9k?!
I think we skipped an 8k mark within a week, and we're near 10k!

Insane!

Thank you for the constant new love, and constant love for the book. I mean I never expected it!

Shout outs:
@ZantoneBloem
@RayRay_44
@snowflakesfadeaway
@jazzi154154
@shiv-123
@HayleighConstantine
@Niah_Stud
@EmilyPaige515
@lilliangirl223
@Playboy_Queen_
@DelanyElrod
@alpha_hybrid
@xxwriter_gamer01xx
@fangirling_is_me
@shelby1443
@MarsadesSpencer
@Missvickster
@DONT_THINK_ABOUT_IT_
@Srta_camposs
@esmelorde1
@donutfreak545
@lckr08
@ezzyserrano67
@Duh_fab01
@brookiemattson
@imperfectionist23
@NikkiMae101
@LeahForShort
@keithharkinsbabygirl
@kcuteyyyy
@azu1172
@CrissLaura6
@riangeley
@TeenWolfFreaks18
@-voidtyler
@escapeto
@ReeseDavis0
@winterose99
@kylie_furuli
@XalyaKol
@faith133

I'm trying not to repeat a shout out, which is becoming very hard just because of the amount of love and I am so grateful!

Hoping this chapter was good enough 😉

Please vote, comment, and add to them lovely reading lists.

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X