C H A P T E R 3

"Maybe we feel empty because we leave pieces of ourselves left in everything we used to love."

~●~

I groaned loudly when I heard my alarm go off. Waking up at 4 in the morning wasn't wise, but it was routine. A routine I hated but had to stick to...

I got out of bed with a tired groan.

"Shit."

I cursed as I bumped my pinky toe against the corner of the side table. I sat back down on the bed and held my toe. It was stinging like a freaking bee.

Once I was sure that it was fine, I stood up and carefully walked to go and put on my light. It took a few moments for my eyes to adjust to the light, but within seconds I was seeing perfectly. But I could still feel the stinging in my toe.

I got dressed in the joggers and shirt I had taken out yesterday and I forgot about the room across from mine with the hot guy in it and I was grateful that his lights were still off.

I tied my hair into two french plaits and put my arm band on and attached my earphones to my phone and let them hang loosely around my neck.

I put off my lights and used my phone to light the way to Wills' room. I saw his door open and he came out with a flashlight in his mouth. He closed his door and I switched off my phone and put it in the armband.

"Morning."

I sang and Will hummed in response. He wasn't much of a morning person and he was usually very quite until we had been running for quite some time.

We were halfway down the staircase to the front door when I heard a knock resonate through the house. I saw my Mum jog from the kitchen to the front door. I raised my eyebrows in confusion until I remembered that we had a visitor on our jog.

A frown graced my features immediately.

Mum touched her hair and then opened the door.  I froze mid-step when I saw the hunk who lived behind us standing there with a gym bag slung casually over his shoulder.

He was wearing basketball shorts and a muscle tee. It showcased his muscles and I had to make sure that I didn't drool.

"Liam, you made it. Let me take your bag. This is my son Will, and my daughter, Olivia, but you can call her Liv. Now go on, I don't want you guys to be out too long."

Mum fussed and took his gym bag and practically pushed us out of the house. I shared a look with Will and slowly put my earphones in.

"Enjoy."

Will lookes at me oddly and I smirked as I started running-leaving him to deal with our guest and I heard him groan in protest.

Liam

That was rude. Like... Really rude. And to think that I was being forced to come here.

But she was hot. So, I guess I shouldn't complain.

"Well, I guess we should get jogging. We're behind schedule already."

Will stated and I nodded as I fell into step next to him. I could tell that they didn’t really want me here, and I also didn't want to be here, but my Mum made a new friend and I didn't want to disappoint her. I knew how much she wanted a new friend.

"So, are you going to try out for the football team?"

I asked as I tried to make small talk. I didn't like awkward silences. And although I knew that talking while running messed with your breathing and your pace, I didn't care.

"Yes. I was Captain at my old school."

"Oh."

I didn't bother to tell him that I was the current Captain and I would make it perfectly clear to the team that if they told him I was, he would take their place.

He was an obvious threat to my title. I  didn't want to make trouble with them, because I knew my Mom seemed to be getting along with the new neighbors.

I caught a glimps of Olivia and I had to admit that she was hot-how many times had I said that? She had all the right curves and I could see her muscles through the joggers. I knew that she will give Leilah a run for her money.

"So, I just want to tell you that if you do anything to my sister, you will have trouble with me. I noticed the way you were practically eye raping her and she did the same to you, so please. Watch yourself around her. And we won't have any trouble."

I laughed as I looked at Will. He honestly thought that I thought his sister was something? He had to be joking. There was nothing wrong with looking.

"Listen Will, I get the feeling that we could be good friends, so I just want to clear the air between us. Olivia... Sure, she's hot and she has a body that's scared of nothing. But she's not my type."

I stated and this time it was Wills' turn to laugh. I could tell that it was humorless and it sounded as if he was forcing it.

"That's what they all say..."

I had no idea what he meant by that, but I got the feeling that he was being hostile for a reason.

Short chapter, I know.
Don't forget to vote🌟