Chapter 9 - Konoha's Will of Fire

En başından başla

Whatever the case, the Byakugan seemed like a really amazing ability to me.

Shino was a silent guy but he was nice in his own way. He was from the Aburame Clan and was a bug user. He wasn't very social and stood by himself, lost in his own thoughts and didn't talk much with anyone unless it was really required. He wore a hooded shirt and the collar covered up half his face. He also wore glasses so it was almost like his whole face was hidden. He had completely ignored me after we exchanged introductory greetings.

"But doing nothing is boring! I'm going crazy here!!" I complained, close to crying out in frustration.

"Rather than complaining, you should use the time to learn new fighting techniques by observing...."

"Observing isn't enough, you know?" I interrupted Yamato san. "I can't learn anything unless I actually try to fight or defend myself against others while sparring."

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice though." Yamato san said with a sigh.

"Yeah yeah....I know that." I grumbled, crossing my arms and going back to my sulking.

"Saya! Watch out!" We heard Kiba call out alarmed after a few seconds of silence.

I looked up and gave a barely noticeable smile seeing a kunai heading right for my face. I had been keeping an eye on and sensing everyone's movements even though I was talking to Yamato san and anyone would assume I was sitting without being aware of my surroundings. But I was trained – I could see several moves ahead. I was well aware of every step the four people took, every attack they sent at each other and I knew about the kunai coming my way even before Kiba threw it at Kurenai san and she deflected its projectile.

Yamato san hadn't been watching the spar either so he couldn't react in time. I closed my eyes, my smile widening. Just as the kunai reached me, I lifted my hand and put my index finger through the hole at the blunt end of it. Thanks to its inertia, it spun violently on my finger several times before I caught it in a firm grip. I opened my eyes and looked at Kiba and Kurenai san who were watching me with wide eyes.

"How....how did you do that?" Kiba asked in an airy voice.

"Kiba kun! Sensei! Is everything alright?" Hinata and Shino joined them while looking at me worried as well.

I stood up, dusting the back of my pants to get the fine debris off of it. Yamato san followed me as I walked to Kiba and held out the kunai to him still smiling. He took it from me hesitantly, still rather surprised that I had caught the kunai so easily.

"I've been trained in taijutsu and kenjutsu. I may not look like it but I have pretty good reflexes and fighting skills." I said simply.

"That's amazing. To be able to stop a kunai so easily...." Hinata mumbled.

"Oi Saya, what do you mean good reflexes and fighting skills? Your chakra is sealed off and you shouldn't be able to use any jutsu!" Yamato san said challengingly from next to me that caused Kurenai san to narrow her eyes at me.

"You know I can't use any jutsu to begin with, Yamato san." I pouted at him. "I don't really feel any different from before because I can still sense people's presences just as clearly and I'm sure my reflexes won't weaken because of a seal. You shouldn't belittle someone trained in taijutsu and kenjutsu, you know? Not to boast, but I'm actually pretty good at fighting."

"Can you prove that?" I dropped my smug smile and looked to the side with everyone when Tsunade sama walked out of the trees. "Can you prove that you're good at fighting? Then there may be a possibility that we could train you to be a fine Konoha kunoichi."