Prologue

Prologue 》 Two days earlier 》 3rd November, 2013.

Andie's Point Of View

     The sole of my sneakers beating against asphalt is the only thing that can be heard as I walk towards my apartment. The cool autumn air nipped at my face and exposed skin, making me shiver a bit.

As I rounded the corner, I internally cheer when I see my apartment building up ahead. I quicken my pace, eager to see my roommate and boyfriend, Louis, once more.

Upon reaching the building, I enter the lobby and take the stairs to the second floor, where my apartment was located. As I approached my temporary home, I fiddled in my back pocket for the key.

I froze in front of my door when I heard strange noises, girlish moans screaming the name of my boyfriend.

Different emotions surged through my body; the main ones being anger and betrayal. Shoving the keys into the lock, I flung the door open and entered my house to see my boyfriend kissing a frizzy-haired slut on the couch of my living room.

"You fucking cunt!" I screamed. At the sound of my voice, the culprits jumped apart, both ending on separate ends of the sofa.

"It's not what it looks like!" he tried, staring at me with expectancy.

The emotions bubbled inside of me, piling up like a hot pot of boiling water, ready to pop the lid off. Tears were collecting in the corners of my eyes as I stared at the two, the girl with a triumphant smirk on her pretty face and Louis with traces of remorse on his. 

"That's bull. Louis, how could you?" I sobbed, letting all my emotion flow out of me like a river. The tears that had collected in my eyes were now wetting my cheeks. Louis stood up from the couch and made his way over to me, arms open wide to hug me but I stopped him.

"Don't. I can't believe that you did this again. We're done." I muttered before leaving through the still opened door.

I stormed down the stairs, not sure on where to go next. I couldn't believe that Louis cheated on me again, the first time being a year earlier but as you can see, I forgave him.

I sat outside on a free bench, just outside my apartment building. I buried my head into my hands, crying my eyes out.

"Andie?" someone questioned. I removed my hands from my eyes and stared up at the person who had spoken.

"Zayn?" I quickly wiped my face and stared at the boy in front of me. Zayn Malik was no stranger to me, nor were we exactly close but we were somewhat friends.

"Yeah, wait, are you crying?" he asked as he stared at me, concern shining in his eyes.

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hands before I replied with,"Um, no..." I muttered weakly, my voice cracking a bit.

"You're a terrible liar Andie, now tell me." he commands as he takes a seat beside me.

I'm taken aback by his boldness but decide to reply to him. "Um, Louis cheated on me." I croaked, a new wave of emotions overcoming me. Fresh tears streamed down my face as the memory of what happened only minutes earlier replaying in my head.

"He did? That's terrible." The boy exclaimed as he flung his arms around me, enveloping me in a hug. I allowed Zayn to hold me, enjoying the warmth that his body was providing. 

"Maybe we should go inside? To my flat, it's in the same building as yours." Zayn offered as he let go of my body.

I nodded solemnly and rose to my feet, Zayn following suit. He held his hand out in front of me, offering me to take it. Forcing a small smile, I grabbed his hand and he began to lead me towards the apartment building.

We took the stairs to the third floor and Zayn stopped in front of the first door on the right. He let go of my hand and fished in his back pocket for a while before pulling out a small, silver key. He shoved it into the lock, unlocking the door. Opening the door, we entered into a dark room. Zayn flicked on the lights, illuminating the room that we just entered.

"Yeah, so this is it. I reckon that you'll probably stay here for awhile until you and Louis make up. Am I right?" I nodded, "Okay, since I only have one bedroom, I guess you can take the bed and I'll sleep on the couch?"

"That sounds fine." I agreed, offering him a smile. "Thank you for doing this, it means a lot."

"It's no problem. Maybe we can talk about it in the morning?" he suggested.

I nodded my head once more, "Yeah, I agree."