Chapter 8: Rooftop Rumble

Start from the beginning

She clutched the golden heart in her hand, looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes, and smiled.

"Harry?" she said softly as she shifted closer towards me.

"Yeah?" I replied, shifting closer to her as well.

Cassidy's cool fingers slid into mine as she clutched my hand.

"Thank you," she whispered. "For everything."

She placed her free hand on my face and kissed me in a way one could only dream of!

That kiss was nothing like the one before! This one was smoother and more passionate and loving, and not rushed or hurried. Our lips moved in perfect synchronization, her icicle tears slid across my skin, the grip I had on her hand tightened as we sat there, unaware of anything else that surrounded us.

It was the low growling of a large dog that pulled the two of us out of our magical fantasy and back to reality.

Cassidy saw it before I did. She was already on her feet with her wand raised. I jumped up and tried to force her to put her wand down.

"What the hell are you doing, Harry?" she cried. "That mutt nearly killed you last time and now it deserves to suffer!"

"No, Cassidy!" I shouted. "You don't understand! I had a vision while I was in the hospital! Sirius Black is innocent! He's under the Imperious Curse by a man named Wormtail!"

"How do you know all of this?" she asked, not taking her eyes off the dog.

"I told you!" I yelled. "I had a vision! But, it was real! Wormtail is an Animagese! He can turn himself into a rat!"

The dog let out a fierce bark and charged at Cassidy, knocking her off her feet. She suddenly lost her footing and began sliding down the roof.

"HARRY!" she screamed, grabbing on to the rain gutter. Her legs and feet were dangling over the edge of the roof.

"Hang on!" I cried as the dog lunged at me, bearing its monstrous teeth. "Finíté!"

The dog flopped onto its side, writhing and squirming agonizingly as it cried out in pain. The dog opened its large mouth and out came a disgusting looking brown sewer rat, squeaking madly and twitching in a puddle of slobber.

I dived along the roof towards Cassidy's dangling body. I curled my fingers tightly around her wrist and began to slowly but surely pull her back up. She fell over on top of me, her arms wrapped tightly around me and she buried her face in my neck and began to cry.

I pulled her to her feet and tried to help her stand. When I was sure she had her balance again, we glanced over at where the rat had been lying.

The rat was suddenly beginning to grow larger, its claws turned to human hands and the tail retracted itself. The yellow teeth began to shrink as did the snout and ears and before long, there lay Wormtail on his knees darting his eyes back and forth from Cassidy to me.

I hadn't noticed that he'd slipped a hand into his pocket.

In one swift movement, he brandished a sharp, bright silver knife, pushed me aside, and wrapped an arm around Cassidy, locking her arms to her sides. She struggled hard, but his grip was too strong. He touched the tip of the blade to her neck, and she immediately froze.

"One more step," he said in his high squeaky voice, "and I paint this roof crimson with her blood!"

My eyes darted towards the dog that was lying next to me, which was slowly turning back into the human being known as Sirius Black.