Chapter 7: Gift Exchange

A/N: hey guys just something I wanted y'all to be aware of for future chapters; stars and the beginning of a passage (***) indicate a flashback, dream or memory! That is all, enjoy!

HARRY'S P.O.V.

It was impossible to tell when it was day and when it was night, but they came and went. They soon turned into weeks, and then those turned to months. I decided that I'd been out for too long.

It was Christmas Eve when I opened my eyes. The whole hospital was covered in festive holiday streamers. Red and green ribbons lined the walls and silver bells dangled from above.

Madame Pomfrey then walked in and was startled.

"Oh!" she cried. "Mr. Potter! You're finally awake. Thank goodness."

"Ooh," I said, rubbing my aching head as I tried to sit up. "I still feel kinda woozy."

"That's only temporary," she replied. "It's because you're still recovering from your severe blood-loss."

I could hear voices in the hallway. I was sure I recognized them. The doors flew open and in came three people.

The tall red-headed boy on the end was wearing a festive holiday hat. The hazel eyed girl on the other end was wearing a pair of ringing silver bell earrings. The girl that stood in the middle was wearing a silky red blouse with a green skirt and black shoes. A red and green colored ribbon was holding her hair up in a ponytail.

"C'mon, Cassidy!" said Ron, not noticing I was awake. "You can't really not care about the Christmas ham! It's a traditional dish!"

"I may not be a vegetarian," she replied, "but I don't care for meat as much as you do. You pretty much gorge yourself with meat!"

"She raises a good point," said Hermione tonelessly. Ron glowered at her. She giggled.

"Frankly, the Christmas ham wasn't traditional in my family," said Cassidy. "When I was six, for our main course we had...we had...HARRY!"

"You had Harry?" asked Ron jokingly. "That's cannibalistic!" Hermione punched him in the shoulder.

"Harry!" Cassidy cried as she ran over and threw her arms around my neck to hug me. I placed a gentle hand on her back and held her close as we hugged. "We were all so worried! We missed you! How are you?"

"I feel alright," I said when she let go. "I've been better, though."

"We missed you, mate," said Ron giving me a hug. Hermione leaned over and kissed the top of my head on top of hugging me.

"You've been out for so long," said Hermione. "It's Christmas Eve."

"I thought you'd be out for the entire Christmas holiday," said Cassidy. I smiled.

"So, how long before he's up and around?" asked Ron to Madame Pomfrey.

"He should be up by as early as tomorrow," she replied. "If not, the latest is about three days before New Year's Eve."

"Thank you for taking such good care of him," said Cassidy.

"It's been an honor serving you, Mr. Potter," she said, nodding her head at me. I laughed.

"So, how much homework will I have to make up?" I asked, looking at Hermione. She smirked.

"None," she said.

"What?"

"Because your condition was so serious," she explained, "you missed so much that you won't be able to complete all of them before the Winter Exams."