Someone To Stay

"It's weird, how everything started here, huh?"

The intricate beauty that the church exhibits starts from the glass stained windows that illuminate the whole infrastructure with the beaming ray of sunlight, back to the detailed design of the church's inner vicinity. It's an absolutely breath taking sight for anyone who enters the church.

If he didn't run away from his wedding, he's pretty sure this church will be the place that ties him with Sarah.

But despite the beauty this church has to offer, his eyes are glued to Dallon's form as he takes everything in sight. His grayish blues beam in wonder as he takes in every detail.

This church is nothing compared to how Dallon is in his eyes.

"Yeah. It's been almost 4 years now since we met, right?" Dallon responds as his soft voice echoes, resonating to the four corners of the heightened hall. 

"4 years of 'Satan' getting stuck in your ass." He mumbles cheekily only for Dallon to hear, unashamed of the words that spill from his mouth. Dallon's reaction makes him grin mischievously as the older man lectures him about being in a church and respecting other people's belief and all that. But the smile creeping on his lips obviously shows he finds this all amusing.

Dallon inches closer beside him, giving him a playful bump on the shoulder. "Well, Satan is surprisingly good company." He whispers in his ear, leaving a small chuckle as an end note that made him blush.

Fours years. If the old him could have seen how far he lasted in a relationship, his old self would probably be in for a surprise. He honestly would never thought it would happen.

So far, the universe likes to prove him wrong, now that he wraps his hand against Dallon's; warmth of their hands reaching his chest like a flicker of fire on a candlelight.

He's making sure not to let it die, even if it burns his hands.

"That's strange..." Dallon says, turning his head as he looks around the church. "We're the only ones here?"

"Huh. Seems like it."

With the two of them alone in this church, he tried to fight off a smile as Dallon looks adorably more bewildered about it.

"You know, when Sarah and I were suppose to get married..." Brendon trails off, taking slow steps, passing the pews to reach the very heart of the church in front of the table were the priest handles his ceremonies. "It's more strange seeing the whole church packed."

"Intimidating?" Dallon questions as he reaches beside him.

"Terrifying." He answers truthfully, looking at Dallon eyes, his back straightens as he puts his hands behind his back. "It's probably because I didn't want to be there, with all those people expecting me to say 'I Do'."

Dallon's expectant gaze remains as he tilts his head to the side, waiting for him to continue. At this point, Brendon just shrugs with a bashful smile tugging his lips out of response.

With a fond shook of his head, the bashful tug of Brendon's lips lights into a blinding, warm grin.

"But maybe it wouldn't be so bad for a second time."

It took seconds, slowly ticking into a minute as Brendon studies Dallon's face. He looked confused as ever. His brows furrowing as the gears work around his head.

Will this man who saved him, and who he gave his heart to ever get the hint?

Maybe he needs to make it clearer for him.