So here she was at her old family home quite a way from the Toretto home. It's a wonder she'd even found Dom and the team in the first place. If it hadn't been for racing then they'd still be strangers - Harley couldn't think of anything worse...or lonelier. No one could stand up against Dom; he drew her in with everything. His words, morals, personality, car taste and knowledge and yes...he is very attractive.

Harley walked up the blue wooden steps, boards creaky and paint flaking, to reach the white door. A smile tugs at her lips when she spots the small gnome sat at the door. She'd painted it when she was about eight years old and even though it didn't look that great, her mom had put it up. The pair had always been super close and Harley didn't even know her dad; not that it was a great burden on her. Sometimes parents stay together and sometimes they don't - you can't dwell on stuff like that. Just get on with your life and try to ensure it doesn't happen to your own kid one day.

The blonde knows that's probably why the Toretto dynamic had thrown her off at first, her never having a strong male figure around before. Mr Toretto had taken her in gladly, inviting her over for every barbecue and beaming when he found out she was dating his son. She's sure he assumed she'd keep him out of trouble and she did to an extent; whenever she thought something was too much or getting too far, she'd let her boyfriend know. Other than that, she'd probably join in on the antics. But it was her close relations with the family that meant it hit her hard when Mr Toretto died - even more when she saw how it affected Dom.

Shaking herself out of her mind, Harley raises her hand and knocked on the front door with a smile. It didn't take long for the door to swing open and the familiar smell of her home to reach the woman. A grin made its way onto her face when she saw her mother smiling.

"Harley, look at you. Getting prettier each day." Her mother, Sandra Matthews, greets her child. Something she'd say every time they'd see each other.

"What about you, you're looking like my sister now." Harley fires back with a laugh, walking inside to give her mother a hug.
"How're you?" She asks once the front door is closed, glancing around the familiar hallway. Pictures of Harley at various stages in her life were hung around the place; some with her mom, some with friends and some alone. Like the one of her holding an award for art - something she used to be obsessed with. On the Christmas of that year, her mother had gotten her this huge arts set. There'd been watercolours, pencils, fine liners, crayons, paper, paints etc. Then several easels for her to use. One thing about her mom is that she'd support every passion Harley developed, no matter how crazy it seemed.

"I'm good, sweetheart. What about you? You seem happier than last time." Sandra points out, taking a seat with her daughter in the kitchen. Harley couldn't help but let another smile slip - of course she's happier. Dom's back. The last time she'd seen her mom was a couple months ago and she'd been pretty down, the only glimmer of hope being possibly completing the job with Letty and exonerating Dom.

"I am good. I've been speaking to Dom more." She skirts around the truth.