Valentines Special

Key:
(Y/N)- Your name
(R/N)- Random Name
(C/C)- Character of Choice
(C/F)- Character's Close Friend
(S/R)- Song for Ringtone
(B/T)- Book Type
(V/C)- Favorite Valentines color
(F/F)- Favorite ice cream flavor
Italics- Thoughts
Bold- Me! iAloneburray
<><><><><>
I'm making you a meif'wa because I can.
<><><><><>

   Sighing, I put my head on my arms as I watched the snow fall gently outside. It was Valentines Day, and (R/N) had asked me out, only to get sick and cancel. They weren't my crush, but they were still a friend, and I felt bad because they had a lot planned. My tail swaying, I watched as (C/C) walked down the street looking dejected. Wondering why, I opened my front door and called to them. They looked up, and smiled slightly, before heading across the street towards me. Climbing onto my porch, I invited them in.

   "Thanks (Y/N). Happy Valentines Day," they said, hugging me. I hugged back. We sat on the couch, sitting in a semi awkward silence.

   "So... why did you look so upset (C/C)?" I asked.

   "Oh, that? I was just turned down by (C/F)," they chuckled nervously.

   "We're kind of the same boat then. I was asked out, but (R/N) ended up getting sick. Guess neither of us were meant to be with someone," I joked.

   "That's depressing. Maybe you're looking at it the wrong way," (C/C) said, completely missing the joke. "Maybe the reason is because we were made for someone else, not the person we asked or who asked us."

   "Maybe. But who are we meant to be with?" I asked. (C/C) shrugged.

   "I don't know. It was just a thought."

   "Who do you think we are meant to be with?" I rephrased my question. "There's no harm in guessing." Just as (C/C) was about to answer, blushing a slight pink, (S/R) cut through the air. I got up to get it, and (C/C) left, saying something about needing to do something. I nodded, and pressed accept on the call.

   "Hey (Y/N)! Happy Valentines Day! I hope I'm not interrupting your date with (R/N)!" Leona cheered.

   "Umm, no. Actually (R/N) is sick so we aren't going out."

   "Oh," Leona seemed disappointed. "Well, what are you doing today then?"

   "I don't think anything. If someone else asks me to go out, I'll say yes, but nobody is going to ask since it's so late," I replied, looking outside where it had stopped snowing but left a thin blanket of white.

   "That's too bad. Hopefully you'll have better luck next year."

   "Yeah, I hope so."

   "Oh, I'm sorry (Y/N), but I have to go. We'll talk soon. Bye!" Leona said as she hung up. I pulled my phone away from my ear and put it back on the counter, heading upstairs to grab a manga. Heading back to my couch, I sat down and started reading. About an hour later, I got up to grab some lunch. Searching through my fridge and cabinets, I finally found something I liked. Sitting on one of the stools at my table, I ate. Finishing, I put my dishes on the counter to be cleaned later. My phone buzzed and lit up with a text, so I grabbed it and read it while heading back to my manga.

   "Hey, since you're free tonight, do you want to hang out at the park later?" (C/C) texted.

   "Sure. What time?" I replied.

   "6:30?"

   "Sounds good. C u then!" Smiling, I put my phone on the table. Sitting on the couch, I realized I had about six hours. An hour to get ready, and ten minutes to get to the park. Grabbing my manga once again, I decided to finish this volume and then decide what to do. Thirty minutes later I finished, and decided to pick out an outfit for tonight. Upstairs, I opened my closet and studied my clothes with a critical eye. Realizing I had no idea how I should dress, I quickly texted (C/C) asking how I should dress. Waiting for them to respond, I opened Wattpad and caught up on all the books in my library, before looking for (B/T). Finally finding one, I eagerly started reading. Finishing the eighth chapter, (C/C) finally responded, saying to dress nice but not super fancy. Plugging my phone in, I went back to my closet.

*~*~*Time Skip*~*~*

   After getting dressed in a (V/C) sweater, cute black skirt, thick tights, and black flats, I put my hair in a way I liked and put on a subtle amount of makeup. Examining myself, I finally was pleased and grabbed my phone, putting it in my purse. Heading to the park, I arrived three minutes early. I hesitated by the entrance, seeing the place filled with couples, but spotted (C/C) waving to me. I headed over to them and they grabbed my hand, leading me towards a less busy part of the park. We sat on the swings, enjoying the sunset since daylights savings time made the sun set at six thirty. Now that it was dark, people started leaving, but (C/C) and I stayed on the swings, chatting.

   "Come on, I have something to show you," (C/C) said, getting up and heading towards somewhere. I followed them, but they started jogging. I did as well, but they started running, and I couldn't keep up.

   "(C/C), wait!" I called, but they turned a corner and disappeared. Heading in the direction they had, I was greeted with a path of rose petals. Following the path, I went through the hanging branches of a willow tree. I entered into a clearing surrounded by willows, only to see (C/C) standing by a picnic basket and blanket in the center. Smiling shyly, they gestured for me to come and join them, and I did. Both of us sat down, and (C/C) opened the basket and pulled out our food, which happened to be something I liked. I smiled and took a bite.

   "How long did this take to do?" I asked, finishing my food.

   "Not as long as you'd think," (C/C) replied. I laid down on the blanket, looking at the stars. I glanced at (C/C) and they were watching me, but turned their head to the sky as soon as I looked at them. Turning back to the stars, we let the comfortable silence and kind of chilly air surround us. After twenty minutes, (C/C) spoke up.

   "Do you want to stay here or go get some ice cream?" they asked. I thought for a minute.

   "Ice cream, please," I replied, sitting up.

   "Okay," they smiled, offering a hand to stand up. I accepted, and (C/C) led me away from the picnic, through the willows, and towards the park's exit. (C/C) guided me towards a small ice cream parlor that wasn't overflowing with couples.

   "What flavor do you want?" (C/C) asked.

   "(F/F) please." I found a small table while (C/C) went to order. A few minutes later they set a bowl of (F/F) ice cream in front of me. My tail swayed happily and I picked up my spoon. Enjoying each bite of the cold treat, I chatted with (C/C) about meaningless things. Smiling, we both finished our dessert and I returned our dishes to the counter. The lady smiled and told me that (C/C) and I were cute together. I blushed and awkwardly told her to have a good evening. I joined (C/C) by the door and we left, heading back home. As we reached my house, I reached into my purse for my keys. They weren't there.

   "I must have lost my keys somewhere tonight because they aren't in my purse. I don't have a spare hidden outside either. What should I do?" I asked.

   "It's too late to go and look for them, and since you can't get in your house you could spend the night at mine."

   "You'd let me do that?" (C/C) nodded. "Thank you," I said, hugging them. They hugged back and led me towards their house. They unlocked their door and sat me on the couch, going to grab blankets and pillows. They came back and handed me a blanket and pillow, keeping one of each for themselves.

   "What are you doing?" I asked.

   "I'm going to sleep down here with you."

   "You don't have to do that. You can sleep in your bed."

   "No, I want to stay here with you. I don't want you to get lonely." I smiled softly at their comment.

   "Thanks," I said, covering myself with the blanket. I may not know who we were made for, but I hope we were made for each other.

<><><><><>
Finished. I'm sick so this may not be the greatest but I tried. Happy Valentines Day! Hopefully you aren't forever alone like me.

1509 words