Chapter 32: Chat with Death

Beginne am Anfang

I simply nodded my head and sat infront of him.

"Okay.. What do I have to do?"

"I will touch your forehead with my finger and brightness will engulf you. If you don't wanna be blind, I think you should close your eyes."

I nodded my head and closed my eyes as I felt his finger touch my forehead.

I jolted up awake and took deep breaths as I felt a different sensation fill my body.

"Bloody hell.." I muttered, my eyes widening as I felt a tight feeling in my chest.

"Are you alright?" I looked at my right to see Death stood up from his seat and walked his way towards me.

"I feel bad... It's like something's squishing my heart."

"That happens when you first separate your body and your soul. But that feeling would wear off in awhile.. You should get up. It's 1 in the afternoon."

"WHAT?!" I quickly rose to my feet and went in my closet to change. I locked the door and was about to change when the world around me felt like it was spinning and I fell on the floor with my hand on my head.

"I am so not letting my soul off my body again." I groaned and let my body rest on the floor. I've had more than 8 hours of sleep yet I feel so tired and sick. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. I've never felt like this before.

"Hey? Can I come in? I heard a thud in there."

"No... You can't come in... I'm just looking through boxes and it fell on the floor."

I didn't hear a reply so I just took a deep breath and rested for a couple of minutes.

"I don't think a box fell."

I gasped as I sat up and stared wide-eyed at Death who was staring at me, his hair blocking a part of his eyes. He looked at me with such seriousness that I actually got scared. I didn't know what to do and his stare wasn't helping so I just stood up slowly, brushed off imaginary dust on my pajama and gave death a fake smile.

"You should go out... because I'll be changing."

He still stared at me and crossed his arms. I huffed some of my hair off my face. This guy is so stubborn. I looked at my right and held a stack of clothes on both hands... Well... here goes nothing.

With a swift movement, I threw my clothes straight at his face, making him stumble. He looked at me with surprise and I just chuckled.

"Please get out of my closet." I said with a monotone voice. His eyes were extremely wide and he quickly got out of my closet.

***

I was walking with Death to the Great Hall to eat breakfast... and lunch... since it's 1:40 in the afternoon. Death was silent after I threw my clothes at him. The memory of that made me giggle. Looking back at Death, I saw him stare at me with curiosity. I cleared my throat and looked infront of me and made my way to the Slytherin table, Death sitting on the other side of the table,where only 5 students sat, and had a little chat with each other. I huffed and looked at my food and started eating... a lot... I didn't knew I was that hungry.

"I am curious" I suddenly shifted my gaze from my food to Death and saw him leaning towards me. I lifted my eyebrows, meaning that he should continue, because my mouth was full of savory goodness.

"You can fake your own emotions... In your closet I saw how you faked a smile.. I knew this because we are bonded but it almost looked convincing that you were smiling in a sincere way, then you suddenly threw your clothes at me and spoke to me at a voice I didn't knew you could muster... How do you do this?"

I dropped my fork on the plate and leaned at Death's direction.

"You know, in this world, the most dangerous thing you can do is to show the real you. Everyone has a facade, and the real them is hidden deep within. It's dangerous because when you show the real you, people would hurt you, destroy you, until you become a completely different version of yourself, a person who would rather die than survive. We all hide what we really are just to save ourselves, saving humanity... Plus, it's easier to be someone everyone likes."

I sat back to my seat and ate again. Death sat back on his seat, my answer satisfying him.

"Pretending to be someone your not is the worst." He was suddenly in deep thought, it was like he disconnected himself in this world.

"There's a battle with every human in this world."

He suddenly looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows

"What war?"

"We fight our own demons." I said in a creepy voice. He was serious as ever when I said this

"Demons are unique in their way.. If, as you said, you fight your own demons.. Then what is your demon?"

"My own powers." I said as I looked frustrated.

This talk just made me feel frustrated as I remembered what kind of troubles my powers gave me.