Chapter 17 Part 1: White Betrayal

Start from the beginning

They now ran along a hallway, with sliding paper doors showing open rooms. It was as the hallway came to a more open cuboid room with a hallway further down and two staircases leading to the floor above. Terra looked up to the stairs, feeling a little anxious "We must be close" he said "or at least I hope so. At this rate we'll be burned out when we meet White Heart"

"We will if all these forces keep emerging" said Vert "I did imagine that White Heart's stronghold, or home for the better word, would be guarded"

"But not even I would've this many defence forces" said Noire "this is almost too much"

"For the time being...it be best if the CPU's take a break" said Cybercon "I don't know about me, or at least Terra or Vert, but you CPU's have the best chance of fighting White Heart"

"That might be the wisest course of energy" said Vert "Not that you can't fight...but you do need to conserve energy"

"Just help out when you can" said Terra

"I can get behind that idea" said Neptune "but let's buggy up the stairs and see what's in store"

All of them went up the stairs, proceeding to the next floor which was a large opened area. It had a thick circle window to grant a view of the hills outside and a giant red door...heavily guarded. There were no guards but monsters all stood guarding the door. There were multiple box birds (Cardboard box creatures with wings, a beak and crown), helmet frogs (blue frogs with yellow helmets and buggy white eyes) and two large ruby golem.

Neptune looked among them "that's...a sizeable number but all those monster baddies flares up my protag intuition that l Blanc is behind this door"

"It does follow normal gaming rules" said Plutia "but how do we get past all of these monsters?"

"For now...they don't appear to be moving" said Vert "but I get the feeling once we engage in combat we're likely to get mobbed"

"Then it's long-range for the win" said Terra brought out his sword again "Plutia let's go for a boomerang?"

"Oh okay" Plutia brought out her stuffed cat doll "but do you remember how you do it? How your arm like this, that's it, and then say Boomerang"

"Boomerang!" they both threw their 'weapon's both twirling in an horizontal arc.

They weapons flew in a neat circle, cleaving through multiple monsters and felling them in one – or technically two – before going to their owners. Plutia caught her 'weapon' in both hands going to a hug while Terra cleanly caught his sword "That worked...rather well actually" said Terra

"Yeah...we beat a whole bunch didn't we?" Plutia said turning to him before seeing Terra with a hand raised to her "huh? Oh yeah" which she gently high-fived

"Well then...might as well deal with the rest"

"They don't seem to be even itching" said Neptune "They must one of those close-range encounter fields. Well Terra...let the fireworks fly"

"Fireworks?" asked Cybercon with Vert looking crossly to which Terra breathed in and began thrusting his hands out to throw a volley of energy beams.

Cybercon, who reacted with a jump, and Vert with astonishment watched as Terra aimed for all the smaller monsters, wiping them out before aiming for the ruby golem covering the area with smoke. As Terra ended his barrage, the smoke began to disperse "Wow. I had no idea you could do that" said Cybercon excitedly