“Thank you”, I gave back genuinely but couldn’t help myself. “You could do this with me, Camila. I saw how much you enjoyed it tonight. We could record together in Miami and you didn’t even have to abruptly leave your students and patients.”

“You mean, like a duo?”

“Yeah, why not? We could take the next year just to write and record and you’d have time to wrap everything up work-wise before we’d actually start the releasing process”, I kept going but saw her not as reluctant as before. “You’re actually considering this?!”, I blurted out in shock.

“Whoa, hold it”, she interjected and laughed mildly. “I’m…thinking about it, ok? Maybe…it would be fun to do this together. Even though I hate the business side of it, you could handle that stuff”, the younger one added and made my heart beat like crazy.

“I’d do whatever you want if it meant us doing this together in the future”, I said truthfully.

“Lauren, I don’t want to lead you on. This is just a thought, ok? I don’t want to hurt you if I don’t want to go through with this in the end”, Camila explained carefully.

“Alright, then just think about it. We have enough time for that”, I appeased her and ended that conversation there. I was satisfied with even the slightest option of her considering it.

We spent the remaining time until we arrived at the airport just basically making out in the car. I felt like a teenager, driving home from Prom or something but we couldn’t keep our hands off each other, although our separation wouldn’t be as long as it had been before. At the airport we said our goodbyes and even that wasn’t as emotional as usual because we would see each other again in a week. I was a little nervous about the award show. It would be our first appearance as a couple. And it wasn’t a small event. As much as I was at peace with what the media thought of me, I was concerned for Camila. I didn’t want her to be uncomfortable in any way; especially if she was considering returning to the business.

The week apart flew by. Being in South America was insane. I always knew about my dedicated fans on the southern continent but they were even more devoted than the last time. My first stop had been Brazil and my presence had caused chaos everywhere. I could barely leave the hotels because I was ambushed with fans waiting everywhere. Not being able to please all of them, was something I had gotten used to. I wanted to be approachable but it was impossible to sign every autograph or take every picture. The concerts were a success, though. And that was worth a lot because I wanted to give back to the people who had been my supporters through everything.

So, being back in LA was almost quiet. I only had a few hours before the show started but I would meet Camila at the hotel, where we would get ready together. My heart was racing just at the thought of seeing her in a couple of minutes. I almost ran up to the suite to meet the woman of my dreams. Opening the door, I saw her standing by the huge windows and greeting me with a big smile. I dropped my purse and we met halfway in a passionate kiss.

“I missed you”, I mumbled against her perfect lips and felt her smiling.

“I missed you too”, she replied before hugging me tighter.

“Girls, we don’t have any time. I’m sorry to be the asshole here but we’re running an insane schedule”, my manager said, making both of us sigh. We parted with another quick peck but needed to hustle afterwards. My entourage was everywhere, making sure Camila and I would look our very best tonight. Unfortunately that took hours. Wardrobe, hair and makeup sounded so simple but for special occasions like those tonight, we had to go all out.

I wasn’t that keen on that type of stuff anymore. I wanted to be more subtle this year. The previous years, I had been so concerned to be a standout even on the red carpet. There was a reason why I was named the Sexiest Woman Alive, even if that concept was still strange to me. It wasn’t something I desired anymore. Others should be the new sexy starlet. I decided on a pastel blue dress that was showing off my curves but not too much. The golden accessories and makeup were elegant and made me look rather sophisticated; especially on comparison to my usual hipster look. I liked switching it up. And since I didn’t do too many of these appearances, I could do something else than for my concerts.