Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Seth heard disembodied laughter fill his ears. He looked around ready to fight whatever hell through at him. He had nothing to lose now.

"Come out and face the devil you bastard!" he yelled to the empty cavern.

The laughter ricocheted off the walls as his nemesis finally presented himself. Procel appeared in front of him, holding two long metal chains. Seth stared him down, daring him to come any closer. He would toss the bastard into the deepest pit of hell.

Procel didn't say a word as he took a step closer to Seth. The fire light from the pit finally showed his face. Procel's predator smile wasn't what Seth take a step back. The lacerations deeply cut into the demons skull stunned him. The demons fiery red hair had been ripped from his skull as the demon had a pronounced limp as he shuffled closer to him. He could actually feel the other demons pain.

"The master did not hold back when he heard of my interferences.." Procel grimaced. He wasn't angry with Seth he realized. He wasn't showing any emotion except pain.

Seth stood completely still as the situation hit him full force. His soul was enslaved too.. Oh hell no! He jerked back as the demon went to tie the chains around his wrists.

"Asmodeus owns your soul now little demon.." he stated emotionless.

What is wrong with him? Seth asked himself. How could a demon that had been his "friend" for decades be so emotionless about this? He shook his head when he finally realized the severity of the beating the demon had received. It was like they had beaten the demon into submission.  

He reared back, trying to summon his powers to fight the other demon. Only they didn't come. Nothing happened.

"What the hell?" he tried once again to change into his demonic form. Why wasn't he turning into his true form? He was a demon! He had been for nearly a hundred years! The fact he was in hell should have made the transition that much more powerful...

He tried to hide his panic as the demon finally showed an emotion. The smirk on his face showed his relief to find an easy capture.

"Come and get it if you think you can.." he taunted. Powers or no powers he wasn't going down easily. Bring it he commanded in his head knowing Procel could hear him.

"Gladly" Procel answered as he threw Seth face first into the wall.

Seth bit back a scream as pain slammed throughout him. His breath almost chocked him as he refused to show any weakness. Procel just shook his head and laughed as he stretched Seth's arms out and used his powers to use the chain in his hands to chain Seth to the wall.

"I have a message for you Samuel.." the demon taunted, finally showing his anger, "That after you are delivered to our master, I have decided to pay your little friend a visit." he laughed as Seth pulled against his chains.

Seth fought his restraints as hard as he could, He pulled so hard against them blood trickled down his hands and pooled onto the floor. Frustrated he slammed his head into the wall. Pain shot through his skull, but he didn't acknowledge it as he felt true fear. He was going to hurt Nova. And there was absolutely nothing he could do about it.

Run Nova Run! He screamed in his head just as a long whip stroke his back. His dual scream echoed the cavern as the demon took out his vengeance.

*~*

"Ugh, I really hate coming down here..." Briathos's voice made the demon pause mid stroke.

"Hot damn, finally the little spawn of hell is getting the beating he deserves" Azrael smiled reluctantly.