Chapter 44: Shadow on the Horizon

I felt in a true relationship for the first time in my life, felt like I belonged, and with purpose. That first year together, I knew a meaning of what it is to be the head of a family. I began to study up on Jewish customs and searched the scriptures to understand how they related to the whole purpose of God's plan for his people, and for the whole world. For me, there was no old and new testament. Only one testament from the day God called Abraham unto himself through a dream in the city of Err, to the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ, the promised Messiah. The only difference I could see between the believing Jew and the believing non-Jew was the Messianic vision. I was a Jew in my heart, born of revelation of God's promise fulfilled in me through the Holy Spirit. So when Barbara asked if I would like to share Passover Seder with her and her daughters, I was more than pleased.

Of course, the affair was not without loss. That afternoon, as I drove along the Coast Highway toward Barbara's Pacific Palisades home, a dog bolted across the road causing the car in front of me to break suddenly. I remember hitting the pedal hard, but it was already too late.

visit: www.lespriux.com