They looked at her and Evan’s face broke into a grin.

“Rose!” he exclaimed, getting up and strolling to her. “Your mother’s cookies are wonderful!”

“Oh don’t lie!” trilled her mother, from the oven.

“Mom?” she asked.

“This was the boy who was so concerned over you this morning. Remember?” her mother said with a smile, “He is so charming.”

“Oh Mrs. Carter,” said Evan with delighted grin.

 Rose blinked, wondering if she was hallucinating. She took of her glasses slowly and rubbed them clean on her jeans before putting them back on again. But no, Evan was still there, eating the cookie. This is not good.

“Go on. You two have a talk while I get these cookies ready,” her mother said, not knowing who she was sending her daughter off with.

Rose grabbed his arm and shoved him out of the kitchen so that her mother couldn’t hear. “Evan,” she asked quietly, “Why are you in my house?”

He gave her an amused grin and said, “Why, we have to do the practical assignments together remember?”

She frowned slightly, wondering what he was talking about.

“Today’s chemistry practical?” prompted Evan. Oh. That.

“No thanks, I can do them alone,” she said, folding her arms in front of her. Evan reached her and raised an eyebrow.

“But I can't,” he said, giving a wink. She leaned back a little, not willing to step away and show him that she was nervous.

“That is not my problem,” she declared through narrowed eyes. She darted a glance at her mother in the kitchen, wondering how to get him out of here without causing a scene.

“But I have your precious glasses,” he whispered. She turned her attention to him and glared, feeling heat rush to her face. This guy!

“Are you blackmailing me?” she asked outraged.

He shrugged, his face inches from hers. Even though he was slightly shorter, it didn't dispel the effect he ad on her. She had frozen when he stepped into her personal space, watching him with wide eyes.

“What do you think?” he asked softly. His breath fell on her lips and she suppressed a shiver. Vivid memories of what happened when he was this close came into her mind. She backed away into the kitchen instantly, earning a smile from him. 

“I don’t care. I don’t want my glasses. You can keep them,” she said shortly when her phone beeped.

It was Mrs. Allen, asking her to come over as soon as possible. She sighed. So she wasn’t going to have a free evening today as well. But she didn't mind, because a little bundle of joy was waiting for her.

“Mom, I have to go now. Aiden’s place,” she said, stepping around Evan.

“Oh? Then take some cookies with you. The kid will love them,” her mother said, selecting cookies as she said that.

“Go where?” he asked, but Rose ignored him. She started to walk out when he grabbed her arm. Tingles went up her arm.

“Go where?” he demanded again. She looked at his hand on her arm frostily. She was trying hard not to feel the warmth. 

“For baby-sitting honey,” her mother answered for her.

“Mom!” she cried, feeling betrayed. Evan grinned and said, “I’ll come with you.”