“Yes, don’t worry. This isn’t the first time we had to handle something like this. Maybe it has been a couple of years but there were some pretty aggressive harmonizers”, she said with a grin and made me smile as well. She leaned in afterwards and gave me a quick kiss. My anger subsided slowly but surely when she did that. Hours later we arrived in Miami and I was glad there were no paparazzi at our hometown airport. It was pretty late at night and we were both exhausted. Reaching her apartment, neither of us had the energy to really do anything after that very long day and we ended up just falling asleep in the clothes we had been wearing all day.

When I woke the next morning, I looked for the warm body that I assumed was snuggled up to me. But it wasn’t. Quickly opening my eyes, I realized I was alone in bed. I frowned before sitting up and hearing the noise coming from outside the bedroom. Apparently Camila was already awake. I ran my hand through my messy hair and looked myself up and down in the mirror, as I got up. God, I needed a shower. But first, I wanted to see what the younger woman was doing. I stretched slightly and made my way out of the bedroom to find Camila sitting on the couch with a book in her hand.

“Morning, sleepyhead”, she said with a grin but got up immediately to wrap her arms around my neck. Her lips found mine with no hesitation and kissed me rather passionately. I unknowingly kinked an eyebrow during that unexpected piece of affection but enjoyed it very much. She enclosed my upper lip with hers and gently sucked on the soft flesh. Now, I was definitely awake. She pulled away afterwards and my eyes were a little wider than usual.

“Wow…good morning”, I replied with a chuckle and she bit her lip.

“I made breakfast. Why don’t you take a shower and I set everything up”, Camila suggested and I agreed by giving her a quick nod.

“Chop, chop”, she added as I turned away and felt her giving me a completely unexpected smack on the butt. My head turned just as quickly back around to see her chewing on her bottom lip and eyeing the body part. I couldn’t help but laugh quietly and made it a point to walk as seductively as I could to the bathroom, really giving her something to look at. Taking a quick shower, I put on some jeans and a T-shirt, and just made sure my hair wasn’t a complete mess by blow-drying it. Otherwise I would end with the kind of hair that looked like I had just escaped the 80’s.

When I came back out, Camila had set up the little dining table with a beautiful breakfast. I was still flattered whenever she made such an effort, to make sure I was happy and had a good time when we were together. In reality, I only needed her company to be happy but I didn’t complain when she added some amazing food to the occasion. It felt like we were finally a regular couple, when we sat down and just went about our day like it was routine. We talked about current events or new music we had discovered, making it one of the best mornings of my life. The little things made it special. She knew exactly how I liked my coffee and I knew she hated the juice with a lot of pulp in them, so I handed her the one without any. Being on the road together for five years had definitely taught us a few things about each other’s likes and dislikes.

I found myself staring at her when the sunlight hit her face so perfectly and made her hair look golden again. She was reading something in the newspaper and I loved the focused expression on her face. My mind went back to what I had found in her bag yesterday. I didn’t want to push the issue and end up being overbearing again. Maybe she wasn’t ready to tell me yet. Although I wish she would have told me, I assumed she had her reasons why she hadn’t. Of course, I was worried but I needed to find a way to get around that if we wanted to enjoy the little time we had together.

Her eyes looked up slowly, like she had felt my own lingering on her and smiled. She got up and slowly sat down on my lap.

“So, what do you want to do today?”, she asked and I just couldn’t take it any longer.