27. Unforgettable

"LAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDD!!!!"

Baekhyun ungracefully toppled out of the car, not caring whether Luhan had even finished undoing his seatbelt or not. His awkward limbs tripped over Luhan's and he splatted face-first onto the concrete car-park.

Attractive.

He didn't even care. That was by far the worst car trip ever.

Haha. I like the pun.

There was no pun ...

Oh.

Baekhyun dusted himself off and waited impatiently for the rest of the group to pile out of the car, none of whom seemed to care about him fall or his face - his face being the more important of course.

The salty sea breeze was swept up to the car-park over-looking the sand and water. Baekhyun inhaled deeply, catching every scent – the salt, the water, the seaweed.

Was he really going to do this?

Kyungsoo tapped Chanyeol on the shoulder and gestured towards the bottom of the sandy trail which led to the beach. They waved to the two figures lazing at the bottom – Kris and Sehun no doubt. The figures began to race up the sandy slope to meet them. Luhan locked eyes with Sehun, who had that same freaking poker-face just like every other day – maybe he'd been in a math's class when the wind changed. Luhan smiled at the younger – a proper smile this time, not the usual oh-I-see-you're-trying-to-piss-me-off kind of shit that Baekhyun usually saw – and wrapped his delicate arms around his waist, bringing him in for an intimate hug. Kris swaggered up to Chanyeol and the two giants knocked fists, indulging in some goofy grins and Ayo waddup Krease's and Ayo wassup Chanyurr's – whatever the flipping hell that was. Kyungsoo handed everybody their belongings and other-useless-stuff-you-have-to-lug-to-the-beach from the boot of the car and the group began to descend slowly and carefully down the sandy hill.

Baekhyun watched LuBitch – you shouldn't call him that – and Sehun walk infront of him. By the look of it, Luhan only brought a towel.

One towel.

That meant Luhan didn't need to be occupied because...

He was planning on ruining Baekhyun's day.

Okay. Don't jump to conclusions.

Maybe he's going to spend the entire day in the water...

Without buying something to eat...

Or sunbaking...

Or applying suntan cream...

Or maybe Sehun has everything, like a good boyfriend.

...

He was planning on ruining Baekhyun's day.

Just great.

Baekhyun followed their trail and heard Kris and Chanyeol laughing loudly and obnoxiously behind him. He turned to glance at them. Kris had his arm slung over Chanyeol's shoulder and because Chanyeol was laughing so much, he was basically leaning into Kris' body.

Ah ha.

No.

This wasn't jealously. It was...something...else. Baekhyun scrunched his face up and pouted.

Okay. So you can't use me as an armrest because I'm too short...

Then an idea sparked in his mind. He wasn't proud of it, but it would make him feel better in the moment. He lined himself up with Kris so that Kris was walking directly behind him. He brought his hand up to his face and...

"AAACCHHHOOOOOOO!!!"

Baekhyun stopped unexpectedly and Kris ran right into the back of him, losing his footing on the fine sand. His feet shot out from right under him and he fell flat on his ass, much to Baekhyun's amusement. Baekhyun turned around, sure to display an apologetic expression as he bit his lip from laughing aloud.

Oops. Sorrrrrrrry...

"Oops. Sorry."

Not.

"No-...uh...he..he..sorry."

Good one.

Baekhyun helped Kris back to his feet. Kris pulled himself up while Baekhyun held his hand and Baekhyun quickly inhabited the spot next to Chanyeol, thus Kris was left awkwardly shuffling behind, forced to introduce himself to Kyungsoo and Kai.

Baekhyun | 1
Chanyeol's Jerky Friends | 0

He could already feel his mood brightening.

They reached the bottom of the hill and Baekhyun threw his towel down on an even patch of sand and his bag of belongings followed. The rest of the group scattered themselves around the same area – it just so happened to be they were right next to the hot-dog stand. But Baekhyun didn't mind. It was better than being anywhere remotely near that stupid family with their stupid dog that was chasing after their stupid children...he would sit next to the public bathrooms if he had to. They were loud and annoying and Baekhyun needed to concentrate. Luckily there were hardly any people on the beach today, so there wouldn't be so many Yes. I'm like two hotdogs with ketchup's going on.

No hotdogs for you today.

Are you actually listening to what Chanyeol says?!

No...

I am not fat!

Hotdogs are just bad...in general...

I'll eat as many freaking hot dogs as I want!

Just as he thought it, a flabby woman in a too-small bikini strutted past, everything going everywhere.

Uh...no hotdogs. Got it.

Kyungsoo handed him a large umbrella which he was to put up around his towel, mainly because Kyungsoo knew what a girl Baekhyun was when it came to keeping his beautiful, milky skin. Baekhyun snatched it with a glare out of his hands, knowing that he was probably laughing on the inside. He lugged it over towards his towel and strained to get it open. When he finally succeeded, he proceeded to stab it into the ground – unsuccessfully. He tried throwing it like a javelin, digging the bottom of it in first, building a sand mound around it, heck he even tried jumping with it into the ground.

You look like a monkey trying to crack open a coconut.

The umbrella is not pointy enough and the ground is too hard.

Baekhyun was just about to tell himself to do it if he was so smart when a pair of strong hands yanked the umbrella out of his grip. Baekhyun watched mortified as Chanyeol simply plunged it firmly into the sand, as if he hadn't even been trying like a monkey for the last hour and a half.

"Cinderella should keep to her broom," he muttered sarcastically.

Grr.

"I was getting there! I could have totally done it!"

Chanyeol flopped onto the towel next to him and effortlessly pulled his loose shirt off, over his head, revealing his smooth –stop that– sexy –stop that– attractive body. He ruined the moment with his dumb voice again.

"Yeah. If you sat on it."

"How about I sit on your face!" Baekhyun snapped. But then he blushed suddenly, as he realised what he just said, and how it was not mean to come out. Chanyeol chuckled somewhere beside him and Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief that he had not been ror once, verbally abused by the infamous JerkYeol.

Smooth. Real Smoo-I will slap you!

"Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun turned around to Kyungsoo's voice. He was trying desperately to push Kai under the umbrella with him. Kai squirmed out of the other's grip and flounced back into the sunlight.

"No! Kai! Get out of the sun!"

"I want a tan."

"You have basically enough tan on you to put in a bottle and sell!"

Kai pushed his frustrated boyfriend into the sand and watched evilly as the other tried to hide a laugh – obviously trying to keep his I'm angry angry face on. Kyungsoo pointed to Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun, get out from under the umbrella and start sparkling! And Kai get a shirt on or you are going to become impossible to see in the dark if you don't get your tanned ass under there right now."

Both of them looked at Kyungsoo with a blank stare, and then laughed like hyenas and shook their heads.

No freaking way.

Kyungsoo pouted and gave up. He dragged Kai over to the water and Kris and everyone else followed. Chanyeol hung back for a moment, eyeing Baekhyun lying on his back on the towel.

"You're not coming, princess?"

"I forgot my swimwear."

"And yet he brings everything else," Chanyeol motioned towards Baekhyun's overflowing bag, "if you ask me, someone's a little scared to get their hair wet."

Baekhyun glared at him.

"Do not...don't be mean to me..."

That was a fail and a half right there.

I didn't know what to say.

As usual.

Chanyeol shrugged and skipped away – no doubt to join his jerky-friends, probably laughing 'cause they're pissing in the ocean and nobody even knows...okay...that was a little disgusting.

Baekhyun sighed and flipped over on the towel, kicking his legs in the air as he propped himself up on his elbows. He pulled his bag over and fished around inside it. He finally dug out the book and smiled proudly.

I thought I told you to leave that behind!

Whoops. Must have accidentally fallen in...

Baekhyun flicked to the first page, just as someone approached him. Baekhyun groaned.

"Ugh, Chanyeol – go and take a piss in the oce-AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!"

Luhan's expression didn't change at all. He merely eyed Baekhyun and continued to perch himself on the towel next to him. Baekhyun's expression didn't change either. He was still shocked – his goldfish pokemon had morphed into that hideous blue thing with the big mouth...

Yeah. That was basically what he looked like.

Except more attractive...of course.

Luhan didn't say a word.

He simply sat on the mat.

Like a cat.

And evil cat.

Baekhyun tried to ignore his presence, considering Luhan wasn't about to bite his head off with another one of his remarks, and attempted to read the first line of the chapter.

I'd never given much thought to how I would die –

Baekhyun could feel Luhan's eyes burning into his skin. He glanced up inconspicuously, but realised Luhan was staring out at the guys rolling around in the waves.

Okay...getting a little paranoid...

Let's try this again.

I'd never given much thought to how I would die –

Seriously? He had just read that...

His skin tingled, and he swore he could feel Luhan staring at him again. He looked up.

Nup. Luhan was watching that stupid family and their stupid kids feeding those stupid gulls.

Okay...

He tried to quietly shuffle his towel over away from him. Luhan didn't seem to notice. Baekhyun turned back down to his book.

           I'd never given much thought–

ARGHSHJSHFJKFSHDHFSKJHFJKJKSDH!!!

He looked up again.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

How the bloody hell had Luhan moved closer without him realising it?!?

I'm in a freaking horror movie!

Luhan began to open his mouth.

Baekhyun gulped.

"Do you..."

Baekhyun stammered as he tried to respond to the eerie voice.

"Y-yes?"

"Do you have any sunscreen? I forgot mine."