The Perfect Pair

"Try a different one," Phoebe urged, but she was failing miserably at persuading her best friend to look at other options. She held another pair. "What about these?"

Joella grinned. "But this is the perfect one!"

"I know, I know." Phoebe paused for effect."That's the thing; it's only one," she said mockingly. "You're gonna go with one less shoe?"

"They're looking for its partner." Joella giggled.

"It's too sparkly!"

"Exactly! It's perfect," she said, giving Phoebe a playful hug. "I'm buying you lunch after this."

"You better. I'm starving."

"Like always." They laughed.

They entertained themselves by trying on almost all the shoes in the store while waiting for the sales assistant to find the offending shoe only to be told that it was nowhere to be found.

Joella wasn't convinced. "I know you will find it." She beamed.

The store assistant was stunned at her persistence. She's crazy, he thought.

Joella had quickly written her details for him. "Just send the pair to me as soon as you find the delinquent." She chuckled.

She was adamant the missing shoe would be located before the Princess Ball set to take place at The Castle in a week. It didn't bother her that her perfect pair was one of a kind, custom-made for a princess.

And she was no princess!

But perhaps there is magic; or miracles happen.

The day of the ball arrived. Unlike her friend, Joella was calm and relaxed.

The doorbell rang.

Phoebe's anxiety ended when Joella opened the box to behold the perfect pair.

She put them on. In a flash, she stood there, made up and dressed in the most magnificent blue gown.

"And they said witches don't have fairy godmothers." Joella cackled. Phoebe joined in.

The Perfect Pairजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें