Depart.

+

Rakim.

I looked outside the small window, and as the plane began to take flight I laughed, watching Robyn screw her eyes shut and fall back into her seat. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

It amazed me how much we'd been through. There was no doubt that were many good times as well as the bad but there was one thing that had lead us to this decision and position.

We were in love with each other.

Love was never really a concept I'd grasped. When I was with Mercedes I thought I was in love with her, but being with Robyn today assures me I was never in love with Mercedes. It was nothing but mere infatuation, a fling of the moment.

You know you're in love when you see yourself long term with them. You know it's love when no matter how big the obstacle, you both get through it and end up together. You know it's true love when you once had a cold, cruel heart and they came in and changed your perspective on life itself. I find myself more open and reserved, calm and gentle.. when I'm around Robyn.

Robyn is my proof that love exists.

The plane was finally in mid air and Robyn had relaxed her once tense body language.

"I'm so glad I'm with you.." She said as she looked over at me and squeezed my hand.

I leaned over and kisses her cheek and rested my head on the head of the seat.

"Me too, you know that." She did, I knew she did. I expressed so much emotion to this woman. At times it scared me but I knew her heart and she would never crush mine.

"So what happens now?" She questioned as she looked out the window.

"Toronto happens. I have friends and family over there so it's nothing foreign to me.. We'll be aight. All we gotta do is just lay low for a bit, then as time progresses we'll see what happens.." I told her as she looked back at me and nodded. She confided in me so much that I knew she'd take whatever came at us with no hesitation. The true definition of a ride or die.

"I've always wanted to go there, been nothing but a dream but you know, Barbados is such a small island, all I could do was dream." She said as she looked out the window.

I began to think and realize that she knew so much about my past life and I knew practically nothing about hers.

"Tell about your past.. your life in Barbados, how was shit ova there?"

She shrugged and looked at me as he began to smile and I couldn't help but smile too.

"It was amazing. All about family. Like everyone knew each other it was like one big home. We always had festivals.." She began to look at the ceiling of the fan as she shook her head remensing on her hometown.

"I miss it so much, Rocky." She admitted and I nodded understanding her.

"You have to go back, we have to go."

She shook her head no as she looked down. "I've been missing for so long, if I magically reappear out of nowhere it will seem suspicious."

I sighed lowly because I knew she was right. "We're going back Robyn. Family and all'at shit is important, your parents I know they never stop worrying.. do they even know your ass still alive?"

She shook her head at this and I groaned in both confusion and misunderstanding.

I didn't understand how she could go that long without contacting her family or friends back home.

"We're going back and that's final. We'll handle it together and think of our strategy or story or whatever we're going to come up with."

***