The Big Bang (pt 2)

Start from the beginning

"You never know for sure if he's going to die. If there's anything I've learned from you it's that everything, all time, all fixed points can be rewritten. And I know that look on your face, this won't be good for you." River pointed at me condescendingly.

"That doesn't matter, River. I messed up. I messed up so much and now so many people's lives are in danger because of me and I need to fix it—you just need to promise you'll give me time. There's going to be a time today where you'll feel like you'll need to say a long goodbye to the Doctor but you won't, because he's not dying." I rushed.

"What if you're wrong?" River tried.

"Then all of us will die. This is the only way."

River sighed, and then hooked her arm through mine. "Fine. But if you die, I'm going back in time and killing you."

888

"Amy! And the plastic Centurion?" River asked upon landing.

"It's okay, he's on our side," The Doctor assured her.

"Really? I dated a Nestene duplicate once... swappable head, it did keep things fresh. Right then, I have questions. But number one is this... What in the name of sanity have you got on your head?"

"Thank you," I sighed.

The Doctor seemed offended. "It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool."

Amy and River turned to me, and I crossed my arms and smiled as Amy snatched the fez off the Doctor's head and threw it up in the air, and River shot at it with her blaster gun, destroying it.

With her gun still poised in the air, a Dalek levitated up to the sky where the fez was shot. "Exterminate!"

"Everybody RUN!" I exclaimed, rushing everyone back inside as the Doctor also yelled for everyone to run, holding up the satellite dish and using it to deflect the Dalek's blasts.

888

"Shh, it's moving away, finding another way in," The Doctor soniced the hatch in the ceiling closed, and climbed down the ladder. "It needs to restore its power before it can attack again. Now, that means we've got exactly—" The Doctor checked his watch. "Four and a half minutes before it's at lethal capacity."

The Doctor continued down the stairs, everyone following. "How do you know?" Rory asked.

"Because that's when it's due to kill me," The Doctor responded simply.

"Kill you?" River looked to me, and I titled my head as if saying—this is what I was talking about.

"Oh, shut up, never mind. How can that Dalek even exist?" The Doctor asked, continuing down the hallway. "It was erased from time and then it came back. How?"

"You said the light from the Pandorica..." Rory tried to comprehend.

"It's not a light, it's a restoration field, but never mind. Call it a light. That light brought Amy back, but how could it bring back a Dalek when the Daleks have never existed?"

"Doctor, the thing that you told me when you... died on the stairs," I interrupted. "Objects copy atoms. That's what you said."

The Doctor snapped, and pointed at me. "When the TARDIS blew up, it caused a total event collapse; A time explosion. It blasted every atom in every moment of the universe. Except..."

"Except inside the Pandorica," Amy finished for him.

"The perfect prison. Inside it, perfectly preserved, a few billion atoms of the universe as it was. In theory, you could extrapolate the whole universe from a single one of them, like cloning a body from a single cell. And we've got the bumper family pack."